⠀⠀𝟮𝟳. ❛ BLACKBIRD ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅 ❜

chapter no. 027!

❝ WE'RE FAMILY

❝ WE'RE FAMILY.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     "GARCIA, VALENTINE, WHAT HAVE YOU GOT?" Hotch asked, trailing into the room with the rest of the team. Only an hour had passed by since the order to track the servers down had been given, and luckily, the two resident blondes' had been able to do just that.

     "We found the relevant servers," Penelope answered, glancing over her shoulder.

     Placing a freshly brewed mug of coffee next to Cara, Spencer peered over her shoulder. "How many were there?" he asked, running his eyes over the laptop screen.

     "In the D.C. area, six," Cara replied, tilting her head up to give him a small smile of gratitude. Spencer returned the gesture and her stomach churned.

     "We need to narrow it down." Blake sighed, arms folding.

     Averting her attention away from the doctor, Cara nodded. "We can ping the servers to see who's hard-lined in."

     Spencer leaned in closer to Cara, his eyes scanning over the list of servers. He mouthed the words to himself. A small smile was tempted to tug at the corners of her lips when she noticed how concentrated he was becoming on the words in front of them. It was winsome.

     For once, she didn't mind the closeness. Perhaps that was because they'd held hands earlier and she'd grown comfortable enough with him. Perhaps it was because of something else. Something she didn't feel like considering at that moment or anytime soon.

     "But the second we start knocking, F.B.I. Data Security is gonna know," Penelope interjected. "It's not gonna be a big leap to figure out why we're doing this."