⠀⠀𝟮𝟵. ❛ DEVIL THAT I KNOW ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 ❜

chapter no. 029!

❝ NIGHTMARES ARE THE DEVIL'SWAY OF SAYING HELLO

WAY OF SAYING HELLO.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     ON A RARE DAY OFF, INSTEAD OF FINDING HERSELF AT PETIT CAFÉ OR A LIBRARY, CARA VALENTINE WAS SITTING IN THE GRASS AT A LOCAL TRACK FIELD. An ice pack was resting on her shoulder as the wind blew back her hair. With slitted eyes, she shielded her face from the sun's harsh rays. Even though it was cold and late February, Cara still felt like it was hot enough to where she could wear a bathing suit. Or perhaps that was the over-exaggeration she'd conjured up in her head to validate how overheated she was.

     Readjusting the position of the ice pack on her right shoulder, the blonde huffed. "I hate... both... of you," she breathed, squinting as the sun blinded her again.

     "On the bright side, you still look pretty!" Penelope heaved, hands pressed to her knees as she leaned over, out of breath. She and Spencer had dragged Cara along to train for their fit test, and it wasn't going well.

     Falling to the ground, Spencer nodded. "That's true," he agreed, arms and legs sprawling out as he lay flat on the grass.

     "Don't talk to me," Cara grumbled, shooting him a glare. "Thanks to you, I almost dislocated my shoulder."

     Not even half an hour into their amateur training session, one of them got injured. It had happened when Cara had offered Spencer a hand the first time he'd dramatically collapsed on the track field. Compared to his tall stature and bigger frame, her tiny figure easily didn't have enough strength to pull him up completely. That fact had slipped the genius' mind, though, as he'd accidentally yanked on her arm with his full weight when he grabbed her hand, pulling a muscle in her shoulder. Since then, she'd become best friends with an ice pack and threw him a glare whenever they locked eyes.