Back at it Pt 1

A/n: whattup my dudes! We're back!!!! Gahhhh I've been procrastinating starting this book but I think it's time.

Outfit Kore is wearing currently^

No ones POV:

There was a distinct lack of wind on this planet, Kore noticed. Even for nighttime, something felt off as she and Dyn walked down the lonely path with the child's pod in the middle of them. Deserted alleyways that hide monsters in the shadows.
"Something about this place feels familiar."
"You've been here before?" Dyn asked as they walked up to one of the many decorated buildings.
"Nope. But shady places where slum resides aren't too hard to find."
The three walked up to a man who was keeping guard over whatever was going on inside.
"I'm here to see Gor Koresh."
The man gave a once over to Kore and the child, as if to see if they'd pose any sort of threat, then stepped aside allowing the three to pass.
"Enjoy the fights."
Dyn entered first, but Kore hung close to the pod, not feeling comfortable with the situation they were about to find themselves in. The building was dimly lit and the shouts and cheers of the audience rang off the walls. Kore spotted the fighting gamorreans within the ring and grew even more disgusted with the establishment.
The sound of metal on metal and the hiss of angry onlookers filled up Kore's ear drums. The smell of sweat and alcohol was stronger the she'd imagined it'd be.
"This isn't a place we should've taken the child." Kore muttered as she watched one of the fighters drop. People cheered wildly, wanting more bloodshed and chaos.
Dyn walked up to a male with one eye and sat down, Kore chose to stay standing next to the pod.
"You know this is no place for a child. Or a woman for that matter."
"Watch your tongue. Or I'll happily remove it." Kore snapped only for Dyn to put his hand up in defense.
"Wherever I go, they go."
"So I've heard."
"I've been quested to bring him to his kind. If I can locate other Mandalorians, they can help guide me. I'm told you know where to find them."
Kore's hand flexed, growing more uncomfortable by the second. She'd been in enough bad situations to know when one was about to happen.
"It's uncouth to talk business immediately. Just enjoy the entertainment."
"How can you call this entertainment? It's sick. You're watching others destroy each other for what? For one to be claimed the victor and you to earn a few credits?" Kore asked.
"You know? You're right young lady. My gamorrean's not doing well. Kill him! Finish him!"
"What? That's not what I said!"
"Do you gamble, mando?"
"Not when it can be avoided."
"Well, I'll bet you the information you seek that this Gamorrean's going to die within the next minute and a half. And all you have to put up in exchange is your shiny beskar armor."
"You're nuts." Kore spit out at the man, tired of him already.
"I'm prepared to pay you for the information. I'm not leaving my fate up to chance."
"Nor am I."
Before either of them could react, Gor Koresh turned and shot the Gamorrean inside the ring.  Quickly the men around them all turned their weapons in Dyn and Kore.
"Gods I remembered why I hate coming to these places."
"Thank you for coming to me. Normally, I have to seek out remnants of you Mandalorians in your hidden hives to harvest your precious shiny shells." Gor chuckled at the statement. "Beskar's value continues to rise. I've grown quite fond of it. Give it to me now or I will peel it off your corpse."
"Oi! Only peeling being done around here certainly ain't being done by you, green freak." Kore said before a blaster got shoved further in her face. "Oh I'd back up if I were you, ugly boy."
"Tell me where the Mandalorians are and I'll walk outta here without killing you."
"I thought you said you weren't a gambler."
Kores eyes flickered down to Dyn's wrist, which lit up blue with the light of mini missiles.
"Oh hell."
The child quickly closed his own pod right before Kore pushed it out of the way and ducked down.
"I'm not."
The projectiles went off, taking out Gor's men but left the gamorrean still standing. The creature ran over and tried to get the jump on Dyn but ended up crashing into a bench instead.
A man came up behind Kore and grabbed her, holding her arms down at her sides. Then the man from the front door came in and went to go take a swing at Dyn but as his fist connected with metal he realized why that was the wrong choice.
"Let's me go you pig!" Kore shouted sending a wave of force against the man, flinging him across the room.
Dyn quickly took down the two men that he was fighting, throwing a dagger into one of their chests.
Kore jumped into the ring, running straight through it so she'd get to Gor faster. Dyn was right behind her as they followed the man outside.
Dyn quickly shot a cord out of his armor, having it wrap around Gor's legs and stringing him up on the light pole.
"Ooo. That's new." Kore commented.
Dyn smirked underneath his helmet.
"All right, stop, stop! I'll tell you where he is. But you must promise that you won't kill me."
"I promise you will not die by my hand. Now where is the Mandalorian you know of."
"Tatooine."
"What?"
"Aw hell no."
"The Mando I know of is on Tatooine."
"I've spent much time on Tatooine. I never saw a Mandalorian there."
"It's a big planet. Not hard to not find someone."
Dyn just shot her a glare.
"My information is good I tell you. The city of MOs Pelgo. I swear it by the Gotra."
"Tatooine it is, then."
"Frick." Kore groaned, already dreading going to the planet.
Dyn started walking away but Kore stayed a moment to look at Gor.
"Wait! You can't leave me like this!"
"Don't worry. I won't."
The buzz of the lightsaber went off in a quick burst and was followed by silence. The light above them burst, drowning them in darkness.
Kore ran to catch up with Dyn, ignoring the sound of beasts tearing into skin.
:*:*:*:
Kore paced around the Razor Crest, not wanting to be on the planet they currently were on.
"Kore will you sit down?"
"Nope. I hate this planet." Kore scooped up the child in her arms, snuggling him close to her.
"I get that, but we aren't going to be here long."
Dyn landed the ship back at MOs Eisley Tower.
The child seemed to knows where they were and started giggling up a storm.
"Are you happy? Yeah we're here to see Peli."
Dyn smiled at the two before exiting the ship and started talking to her.
Kore sighed, swallowing the bad feeling in her gut and then exited the ship. Once Peli saw the child she gasped loudly and started reaching for him.
"Oh! Thank the force! This little thing has had me worried sick." Kore happily handed him over to her and watched the interaction between the two. "Come here, you little wimp rat. How much do you want for it? Just kidding. But not really."
"Hon, not for sale." Kore shook her head, hoping the message would sink into the ladies brain. Suddenly she was reconsidering handing him over to Peli.
After a few mishaps on the ship with the droids, Kore left Dyn alone with Peli to talk about Mandalorians. She went to go and pack a small bag of what would be essentials while they were here. She held the base of her lightsaber, debating whether she should take it or not.
"Kore! Come on we're leaving."
"I hate the sand." Kore muttered before shoving the weapon in her pack.
:*:*:*:
The bike sped throughout the sandy planet, sun beating down against the two. Kore pulled the cloth over her head more, hoping it'd block out some of the light but it didn't provide much help. Before they started riding she had insisted that they cover the child with something as well.
Kore had made him a small scarf and mini goggles for him a while back but never really needed it. As night started to fall the small group had met a couple Tusken Raiders. Kore didn't know the language but she enjoyed listening to Dyn communicate with them.
The following morning they continued their path across the desert. Kore was trying not pass out from the heat that was constantly beating on her back. She honestly wasn't sure how Dyn was surviving in the amount of armor he wore.
Dyn started to slow down the speeder as they neared the small town and Kore was silently thanking whoever may be listening. There were a couple people around, all staring at the newcomers.
"Doesn't seem like they get a lot of traffic around here." Kore mentioned.
"Considering how reluctant you were to come here, how many people do you think come here willingly."
"Just you."
Dyn chuckled and parked the bike in front of a tavern. He got off first and then helped Kore off. His hands lingered on her waist after she was off. He took notice of the very evident red burn of her cheeks and the indents in her skin from the goggles. He run his thumb across her cheek and she sucked in a deep breath.
"Sorry. We'll be gone in a few days. No more. Okay?"
"Yeah yeah. I can suck it up don't worry about me."
"I'm always going to worry about you."
Kore smirked but regretted it when pain shot through her cheek.
"Owww. I hate this planet."
Dyn chuckled as he let go of the girl, and went inside the tavern. Kore took the child out of the pouch and placed him on the ground.
"Whatcha say cutie? Want something to drink?"
The child giggled and started to chase after Dyn causing kore to laugh.
Dyn went up to the counter while Kore went to take a table and sat down. She was slightly touching her face, trying to survey the damage.
"Can I help you?"
"I'm looking for a Mandalorian."
"Well, we don't get many visitors in these parts. Can you describe him?"
"Someone who looks like me."
"Mmm... you mean the Marshal?"
"Your Marshal wears Mandalorian armor?"
Kore took notice of the presence now standing in the doorway. She raised an eyebrow at the tattered and beaten armor. There was a sort of aura radiating from the armor that didn't match that of the mans.
"That doesn't belong to him..."
"See for yourself."
Dyn finally noticed the man staring at him.
"What brings you here, stranger?"
"I've been searching for you for many parsecs."
"Well, now, you found me. Weequay, two snorts of spotchka."
The thing behind the counter placed the glass container of blue liquid on the counter, along with two small metal cups. The Marshal grabbed each item and started walking towards where Kore was sitting.
"Why don't you join me for a drink?"
He sat across from Kore, causing her to raise an eyebrow at him. She took a look around the empty bar and was silently questioning why he'd sit at her table. She became even more confused when the man took off his helmet.
"Wait since when were y'all allowed to take off the helmet." Kore said looking at Dyn.
"Never."
"I've never met a real Mandalorian. Heard stories. I know you're good at killing. And probably none too happy to see me wearing this hardware. So... I figure only one of us walking out of here. But then I see the little guy.."
He pointed at the child, who was currently looking inside a spittoon. Kore immediately got up to take him away from it, but stopped when she saw the intense glare Dyn was giving the Marshal.
"... and I think, maybe I pegged you wrong."
"Who are you?"
"I'm Cobb Vanth, Marshal of Mos Pelgo."
"Where did you get the armor?"
"Bought it off some Jawas."
"Hand it over."
Kore was kind of surprised with how possessive Dyn was acting over some armor. Though to be honest, Kore never really understood the Mandalorian code but she respected it.
After Cobb oh so ignorantly decided to tell Dyn that he was the boss around these parts, Dyn took a step closer to the table.
"Take it off. Or I will."
"Oh shits about to get real." Kore said.
"We gonna do this in front o' the lady and kid?"
"Oh dearie. I wouldn't be worrying about me."
"They've seen worse."
"Right here then?"
"Right here."
Kore could swear she could hear the tense battle drums playing in the silent room. Right as the two men were about to have a standoff, the entire room started to shake.
"What's happening?"
Cobb didn't look that alarmed as he walked out of the tavern and looked out into the distance. People started to retreat into their homes as the sand became liquid and moving.
Something with scales ran through the Main Street of the town and headed straight for the beast that was standing alone.
"What the hell was that?" Kore asked as she surveyed the damage.
"Maybe we can work something out."

A/n: OKAY MY DUDES. I really wanted to fit this all in one part but it's becoming evident I can't do that so I'm gonna try and quickly get out part 2! Anyways I'm sorry I'm late to the party but I hope y'all enjoy the first installment of book 2!