one

Tobio Kageyama walked through the park, not expecting to meet anyone new that one September afternoon. He had just finished eating lunch, and he was going to sit under his usual tree to write until his break ended. 

Once he reached the tree, he pulled his journal and pen out of his leather satchel, sat down, and rested his back against the trunk. He began to write about his day so far. 

9-22-16 

         Today was boring; nothing exciting happened at work so far. I made a couple coffee's and fried some doughnuts, same as usual. Tomorrow is payday though, so I guess I should feel a little excited to not be scared of being thrown out of my apartment. I should probably get some groceries, so I guess I'll go to the grocery store in a couple hours. 
         I need to start saving up for a bike. I hate walking everywhere because it's so slow. I know I live in a small town, but still. It's tiring. 
         Anyways, I have nothing left to say, so I guess I'm going to read. 

Kageyama read over what he had written a couple times. After a minute or two, he closed his worn-out journal and put both the journal and pen back into his bag. He then pulled out a reading book and flipped to the page where he had left off. 

As he read, he began to forget the world like he always did. He took no notice of his surroundings, including a man with messy orange hair that skated past him on a skateboard.

Kageyama drowned deeper into the words of the book. It was one of his favorite stories. He continued to read. Until-

"Are you reading Romeo and Juliet?" 

Kageyama jumped. He looked up; standing in front of him was a short man with orange hair holding a skateboard. He was grinning.

Kageyama blushed. "Y-yeah," he whispered. 

"That's cool. I've only seen the movie myself. Y'know the one with that DiCaprio guy?" the man stopped, waiting for Kageyama to answer. When Kageyama slowly nodded, he continued. "Yeah, I've seen that one. I'm not a big reader, I read too slow. Anyways, I just wanted to point out that that's really cool that I'm not the only one that I know that likes Romeo and Juliet. My friend, Kenma, says its girly or whatever, but I don't care. Kenma's pretty cool, you should meet him sometime. Speaking of friends, do you wanna be friends? I think you're pretty cool, I mean, we both like Shakespeare, so that's a plus." 

Kageyama was at a loss of words. The man had talked so fast that he had barely understood anything that came out of his mouth. "Uh-" Kageyama didn't many friends anymore, he had lost touch with all of his friends from school after he graduated. He was acquaintances with a few of his co-workers, so what did he have to lose? 

"Uh, y-yeah. Sure. Let's be friends."

The man's face lit up even more, if that was even possible. "Well then, new friend," he asked, "what is your name?" 

"Tobio. Tobio Kageyama." 

"Hello, Kageyama. My name is Shoyo Hinata and I am twenty-three years old. Do you mind if we exchange phone numbers?"

Kageyama hesitated. "I-I don't have a cell phone. I mean- I have a house phone, so I can call, but I can't text. I'm a little tight on money right now..." he whispered the last part. 

"That's fine. Lets go for a walk." 

"O-okay..." Kageyama put his book back into his satchel and stood up. As he was putting his bag over his shoulder, he noticed Hinata staring at him, eyes wide. "What?"

"You're- you're just so tall."

"No, you're just short," Kageyama stated. 

Hinata was quiet for a moment. "We're only two minutes into a friendship and you're already insulting my height."