Two Sides : Jekyll and Hyde

This is for my English teacher. AHHHHH.

It starts when Jekyll is trapped in his study in Hyde’s form. Poole and Utterson are outside suspecting that something is not right with Jekyll’s voice being different, but they’re unaware that Jekyll and Hyde have now in fact become two separate people, and have been able to for a very long time which is unknown to many. Lanyon has seen Jekyll turn into Hyde, and they both believe it’s the end of the line as he’ll reveal their secret.

This is incredibly melodramatic, and some sort of a parody o/ GET READY TO LAUGH SO HARD OMG. I feel it’s somehow twilight inspired although I’ve never read it haha.

= Jekyll’s POV=

 This was it. They’d be here soon to take me away.

 I couldn’t obviously. How could I give in now? I’ve given so much work into splitting myself into two, and it had worked! Enfield had already seen me turn into Hyde.  

There he was at the other end of the room staring at me. I couldn’t lie; I was in love with him.

Edward Hyde. His physical ugliness and deformity was somehow perfect to me; I’d never want to change his corrupt soul. I wanted to be completely his.  

I’m not quite sure how we first came to be separate, but now sometimes when I go to bed I wake up and he’s sitting in the corner of the room laughing to himself about whatever sick deed he had committed that night.

One night he had come home completely covered in blood. How he’d made it home without being seen was a mystery, and other nights large sums of money would be missing from my bank account. I hadn’t ever asked any questions as I feared what would happen to me.

The night I fell in love with him was strange. At 1.30am I awoke to a pair of devilish red eyes staring me right in the face. My heart was beating so fast. Suddenly he grabbed me from my bed and pushed me to the ground and left me there.

“Get some clothes on!” he shouted. “We’re going out!”

“At one o’clock in the morning?”

“Shut up. We’re leaving”

A car came and picked us up. I was feeling incredibly uncomfortable with how shabby I was looking, and even more uncomfortable about the fact that we were going to an opium den (or a “place to find easy women” as Hyde had called it.) I couldn’t be seen in places like that. There was no arguing.

When we arrived I was surprised to see that I recognized nearly everyone there. None of them even bat an eyelid at me.  Hyde took my hand and led me through a sea of drunken gentlemen; all of them busy fondling with other men and woman, engrossed in things of a sexual nature.

It was strange seeing men and men together, but it wasn’t something surprising after I’d met (or really…created) the most sinister man I’dd ever met; Edward Hyde.

That night was amazing. Things had happen that I have could never have imagined, and that I never wanted to ever forget as long as I lived.

“Edward” I finally said.

I wondered how long I had been reminiscing about the past. He began walking towards me; his smile made me tremble.

“Yes?”

“What should we do?” I ask, facing the floor.

“Who cares? There’s no reason to life anyway. You and I could never last, even I know that us being together is insane, I mean we’re a part of each other”.

“Then doesn’t that mean we should never be apart?”

There were a few moments of silence until we realised we could hear voices outside of the room we were trapped in. It was Poole and Utterson. Damn. We were dead.

Hyde took out a vile of a purple-ish liquid from his pocket.

“What’s that?”

“Poison…” he exclaimed, smirking as he said it.

“What?!”

“I ascended from hell by yours means. You bought me to life; you can take it from me just as easily”

I couldn’t believe this. Hyde was giving me the power to choose what I wanted.

“I want you to stay here with me!”

“Hah. I can’t do that. Both of us will die. If I go than Lanyon can’t prove anything” There was a melancholy tone to his voice.

“But I love you!”

I saw a tears forming in Hyde’s eyes.

As quickly as possible, I tried to take the bottle out of his hand but he was too fast.

He gulped it down, and in seconds was dead. I bent over to kiss his lips softly. Moments later his body turned to golden ash. As twisted as he was, he was still one of the most genuine men that I had ever met.

When I did come to finally open the doors to my study, my servants were all there waiting for me. Seeing all these faces around me that weren’t Hyde after being with him for so long felt so wrong. I broke down crying. Lanyon had apparently also committed suicide, so Hyde’s death had been in vain.

In my Jacket pocket that night I discovered a note.

Henry,

It feels as though I’ve only finally come to understand your thoughts although I’ve known you my whole life. As you fell in love with me, I fell in love with you. We were never really separate, and I believe that we shared similar thoughts right until the very end. I’m planning to kill myself.

You are without sin my love. Never forget how much you meant to me.

Let’s meet again someday.

-Edward Hyde

That night, Henry Jekyll’s life came to an end.