SECTION 1

cross worlds AU - Misunderstood Cast

There's a ancient myth that if you die young, you reincarnate in another world as a succubus or an incubus.

I don't believe it, obviously. It's obviously fiction and like most other myths, it's either baseless or the evidence surrounding the idea is contradictory.

There's no evidence to support the theory of reincarnation, nor any proof of transferring to another world. The only way I know that is because I only do my research on ridiculous unnecessary things.

But if it were true... well, it's be interesting at the very least. It would make a good manga story. Maybe some sort of cheesy title, like "Love Letter from Another World" or "From My World to Yours!" I don't know. I... totally didn't think about it that much.

But one thing's for sure: I think it's another hoax. Some crazy conspiracy online that really has completely loose connections and no concrete evidence. I just thought about it for a bit because it was intriguing to me.

I stared at the pen I was twisting between my fingers, twirling it carelessly like a baton. Maybe a baton for a rat or something. But nonetheless, it was morning, I was tired, and I really didn't feel like getting out of bed. I was probably getting delirious because I was imagining a rat leading a marching band-

"Derrick! Hurry up, it's 6:02! Yes, it's AM, you have to get up now before we're late!"

I snapped out of my daydream, tired still but now aware, aware that I still had to drive my best friends to school, since I'm the first one with a driver's license and a car. I rubbed my neck and heard my best friend's footsteps racking my kitchen next door.

"Uh- Yeah, yeah, Nat, where's Eli? Is she coming?" I yelled into the next room, jumping out of the sheets and pulling off some normal clothes from my closet while also accordingly undressed myself in a rush.

Natalia sighed of relief and I heard her pulling back a chair and likely sitting down. "She's just hanging around in the car. She said she's calling Aaron, so she's occupied. Don't worry about her berating you later, every second with her boyfriend counts with her."

I laughed, joking back, "Yeah, she's on a roll lately. They've been dating for a year, which is pretty damn impressive for her." I grabbed my classic red snapback hat, round sunglasses, and my cross necklace and quickly added them onto my look to make it look a bit more like I cared.

"Well, I'll be happy if Aaron is the one. She been beating around the bush for so long, I really want her to be happy and settle down, y'know?" I could tell Nat was effortlessly speaking her mind on this topic and being genuine. It was really sweet that she cared for her best friend.

I pulled my bright blue striped gloves over my arms in a pinch and swiped a chain to clip to my belt and shimmied into the kitchen, hopping on one foot and barely balancing.

"AirPods. Shoes. Please." I tell Nat, struggling to attach the gold chain onto the loops without breaking everything.

I could tell she rolled her eyes at the comment, but nevertheless complied with, "I'm not your maid so don't make a habit of it, but sure thing, rich boy."

"That's fuckboy to you."

Natalia scoffs. She swiftly takes the lying AirPods off the counter and jogs briefly to the shoe rack. "I'm cutting down on cursing, if you don't mind. You know the fosters wouldn't like that."

"I suppose that's true. Old hags don't know what an "Instagag" is."

"Pfft!" Natalia fondly laughs at the memory. "She honestly though it was a 'newfangled sex object'. Her words, not mine." She hands me both the AirPods and my bright blue sneakers.