The Beginning

Faline was found as an infant, in an alley way, of New Orleans. Her screaming and crying had caught the attention of a young man by the name of Marcel Gerad. He knew he couldn't take care of the baby alone, so he brought her to the house of his parentel figures, the Mikalesons.

The cooing of a baby, had caused the Mikaelsons to slip out from the shadows and into the courtyard. It was a sight to see, Marcel Gerad, cradling a baby close to his figure.

"Marcel what is the meaning of this?" Elijah asked, holding his hand out motioning to the baby in Marcels arms.

"I found her in an alley just outside of town" Marcel informed the ancient vampires.

"Poor thing" Rebecca spoke, strutting forward past her brothers. She held her arms out asking for permission to hold the baby. Marcel obliged and gently handed the infant over and into Rebeccas arms. "There there little one" She said kindly, a smile protruding onto her face.

"Why have you brought it here?" Kol asked, not amused at all, by the babies presence.

"Well I couldn't just leave her, could I?" Marcel asked, anger tinting his voice. Kol was arrogant and useless in Marcels eyes. He never did quite get along with him when he was a young boy.

"So take it to a shelter" Kol spit, he wanted nothing to do with the infant. All babies did was cry and drool like mad dolls. Besides Kol already had problems to deal with and a human baby was not gonna make that list, if he had any say in it.

"I wouldn't do that" Niklaus finally spoke up, gaining the attention from everyone in the room. He walked forward a few paces and pointed to the baby in his dear sister's arms. "That's a wolf pup" He informed them, letting his hand fall back down. Elijah raised his eyebrow confused, and all eyes turned to the infant in Rebeccas arms.

"How could you possibly know that?" Rebecca asked, glancing to her brother.

"I can smell the scent cascading from her" Niklaus informed her.

"Oh great just what we need, another dog running around here" Kol stated, rolling his eyes. Niklaus whipped his head to his youngest brother, fury glinting in his eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Klaus asked, striding toward him. Elijah quickly intervened, sticking his arm out in front of his brothers path, to halt his actions.

"Niklaus please" Elijah spoke, annoyed by his futile anger. The baby started to whimper, causing Klaus to turn from his anger and glance toward the child.

"Let me" Klaus said, kindly. Holding his arms out, he walked over to Rebecca, who allowed her brother to take the baby into his arms. The infants whimpering instantly seized, as she gazed up into the hybrids large eyes. Nikalus, tilted his head curious to the childs reaction to him. Elijah was intrigued as well. For he saw the way Niklaus's anger quickly faded and decided that the child must stay. For it may help his brother grasp any humanity he had left.

"The child stays" Elijah announced, Kol scoffed before speeding off. Rebecca smiled and joined Niklaus's side taking in the babies beauty.

"Faline" Niklaus whispered.

:)

4 years later the Mikaelson's had a little one running around their courtyard.

"Faline"Rebecca sighed as the little girl ran from her. "Faline stop running" Rebecca's tired voice grew annoyed, as the girl only seemed to go faster.

Faline giggled in response as she ran full speed past the fountain, that sat in the middle of the old courtyard. Faline looked behind her to see if Rebecca was still following, but taking her eyes off of what was in front of her was a big mistake.