Chapter 1

I am who I am, not who you want me to be. It doesn't matter if I'm fat or thin, tall or short, smart or not.

I think I'm pretty, perfect in my own way.

These words, not only describe me, but how I'm treated.  My so called "friends" think that only my appearance matters, not how I act or am on the inside.  No matter what they think of me, I will always be me, not some jerk-off they want me to be.

I love my friends, don't get me wrong, but sometimes, they can just be really rude and nasty to other people.  They poison my mind, making me someone I'm not.  But my life is totally different inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Courtney!" I say, trying to act normal.

"Hey, Hope.  What's up?  Hey, did you do your math homework?" As usual, Courtney hasn't done her math.  I smile, knowing that nothing has changed over the break.

"Uh, yeah, I did do my math.  But can you copy it?  No.  You know I'm not that kind of person, Court!" Man, does she know me, or what?  I always finish my homework, but I would never, in a million years, let her copy my work.  I know better than to stay out of trouble.  I'm not stupid, all the time that is.

"Aw, come on Hope.  You never let me copy!  If I don't do this, I'll get a note home!  Then I won't be able to go to that dance!  And that One Direction concert!  And you know how much I want to go!  I worked my butt of so that I could get backstage passes!  Hey, if you let me copy your homework, I'll let you come!"

I just roll my eyes at her, because, personally, I'm not a big fan.   I like their music and all, but the guys aren't that cute.

"Fine." I mumble, which makes her cheer with joy.

"I'll tell my mom.  You can come over after school tomorrow to get ready with me, okay? This is going to be so much fun!!!"