⠀⠀𝟯𝟱. ❛ THE YEAR I DISAPPEARED ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 ❜

chapter no. 035!

❝ ONE MORE PUZZLE PIECE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     BUSINESS AND NO PLEASURE. That was the attitude carried amongst the trio as they walked through the doors of the café. It was the attitude they held when the manager had come out from the back and met them at the countertop. Ordering a coffee was the last thing on their minds, for once. Despite how divine the place smelled.

     "Do you recognize any of these people?" Blake asked. Four photographs of the victims— Wayne Campbell, Helen Mitchell, Carlos Ortega, and Janice Cheswick— were laid out on the counter.

     "I don't. Sorry." Brian shrugged, looking between the agents. "What's this about?"

     Spencer tilted his head to the side, unconsciously inching closer to Cara. She didn't notice. "We're investigating a series of murders, and we think the killer may have seen one or more of these victims at this coffee shop."

     "Victims? You mean..." Brian gulped, "All these people got killed?"

     "Yes," Cara said bluntly, not paying any mind to the taken-aback expression the manager wore at her tone. This was the first time she'd spoken to him.

     Suddenly, Blake moved her head to the right, peering around the man. "Excuse me," she said, capturing everyone's attention, "is that a pinhole camera?" She pointed at a camera protruding from the center coffee box perched on the top shelf of the bookshelf running beside the entrance to the backroom.

     "Uh, yes," Brian answered uncomfortably, cheeks flushing. "You should uh, follow me to the office."

     Blake was the first to follow him, maneuvering around the counter and toward the open doorway. Behind her, Spencer shot the blonde a small smile, gesturing for her to go first. "After you," he muttered, ignoring how his heart fluttered at the appreciative nod she gave him.