⠀⠀𝟱𝟮. ❛ VOODOO IN MY BLOOD ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒗𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒐𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒗𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒐𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 ❜

chapter no. 052!

❪ 𝚃𝚆 ⠀ : ⠀⠀ 𝙶𝚁𝙰𝙿𝙷𝙸𝙲 𝚅𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙴𝙽𝙲𝙴,𝙿𝙷𝚈𝚂𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙻 𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴,⠀⠀𝚂𝙴𝚇𝚄𝙰𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙰𝚄𝙻𝚃, 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙵 𝚅𝚄𝙻𝙶𝙰𝚁 𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙶-𝚄𝙰𝙶𝙴,  𝙳𝙴𝙿𝙸𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝙱𝙻𝙾𝙾𝙳

𝙿𝙷𝚈𝚂𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙻 𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴,⠀⠀𝚂𝙴𝚇𝚄𝙰𝙻
𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙰𝚄𝙻𝚃, 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙵 𝚅𝚄𝙻𝙶𝙰𝚁 𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙶-
𝚄𝙰𝙶𝙴,  𝙳𝙴𝙿𝙸𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝙱𝙻𝙾𝙾𝙳. ❫

❝ CAN'T TOUCH YOU.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

﹙ FEBRUARY 11TH, 2018 

     CARA VALENTINE WAS EIGHT DAYS INTO LIVING ON HER OWN AND, IN ALL HONESTY, SHE WAS QUITE PROUD OF HERSELF. Even though she'd been confident in her ability to take care of herself without anyone there to hold her hand or standing on the sidelines waiting to step in, there was a small part of her that believed the moment she didn't have someone by her side, she'd crumble. However, to her delight and surprise, she'd proven those beliefs false.

     So far she'd been successful in keeping track of her daily and nightly medications and taking them, attending physical and cognitive behavioral therapy alone, going out in public twice without a friend or loved one, and ensuring she ate three meals a day with occasional snacks. All of that sounded super simple and as if it were nothing, but for the recovering woman, it'd taken a year and eight months to get to this point. A point she never thought she'd live long enough to reach, especially when she was told she never would.

     But she did.

     Cara Valentine made it.

     "I could see right, no wrong. I could see good, no bad. I could see all the good things in life I've never had," Cara sang softly, pouring the homemade tomato soup Penelope made for her into a black ceramic bowl. Playing in the background in her mini library was Patsy Cline's song If I Could See the World.