⠀⠀𝟱𝟲. ❛ DODGED A BULLET ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒅𝒐𝒅𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒕 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒅𝒐𝒅𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒕 ❜

chapter no. 056!

❝ WHAT'S BELIEVED TO BE ATARGETED KILLING

TARGETED KILLING. ❞
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

﹙ MARCH 1ST, 2018

     MEET ME AT MY OFFICE IN AN HOUR. Those eight words reflected in Cara's deep blue eyes as she stared at her illuminated phone screen. The text had been sent by Hotch at seven-thirty that morning. Luckily, Cara had seen it come through on her way back from the bathroom that morning and didn't fall back asleep. Now, it was eight-thirty on the dot, and Aaron Hotchner was nowhere to be seen.

     Puffing out her cheeks, Cara let out a sigh. No further context was provided so she didn't know if they were meeting over something good or something terrible. It'd been a year and approximately nine months of silence from the Founding Fathers. Sometimes it felt like they would never come back and other times it felt like they already were. The paranoia Cara lived with had eased but still lingered. It never faded fully and never would until Michael Le, Konaam Shirzad, and Matthew Johnston were arrested or dead.

     After all, Le promised that they would reunite when the time was right. A fact Cara couldn't forget, no matter how much she tried.

     A ding rang and she glanced down. Spencer's name flashed on the screen for she'd just received a text from him. A small smile drew at the corners of her lips and she unlocked her phone to read the message.

     Would you like me to bring you coffee?

     Strands of white blonde hair fell in her face while she typed out a response and she blew some of them away. She'd told him via text earlier that she was on the way to the BAU to speak with Hotch. This was the first time he'd responded.