All Of The Drugs - The Brobecks

A/n - all chapters will be names after a song and it has no significance to the story

Cold. Just cold. It was almost freezing and a certain short boy didn't read the weather. Kokichi was shivering and huddled up against Kaito. Kaito didn't mind, pulling Kokichi closer to make sure his friend was getting enough warmth. Kaito was known as a bully but everyone knew he was only sweet to Kokichi. Well that's not entirely true, Kaito wasn't a bully, just a bit too blunt and accidentally hurt peoples feelings a lot. He also looked scary. As of right now however, he was lecturing Kokichi about why having a weather app is important and how it isn't healthy for such a small boy to be without a jacket on a day like this. Kokichi just nuzzled against Kaito, not really caring about the lecturer, cuddling with his best friend sounded way more appealing than checking the weather. His purple eyes gazed off into the distance, enjoying the sound of Kaito's voice and his warmth but not actually listening to what he was saying. He snapped out of his trance when a tanned hand waved in front of his face.

"Hello? Are you even listening to me Kokichi?"
Kokichi paused. He wasn't sure if he should answer honestly or not. Kaito just sighed.

"It's alright, did you eat breakfast today? I brought you this just in case.." he said and got a small cupcake out of his lunch. Kokichi blushed lightly. "I know it's not a breakfast food but.. 'pan'-cake, 'cup'-cake, same thing, right?" Kaito added and laughed. Kokichi laughed with him and nodded. The pale boy didn't talk much but he was grateful for Kaito's company. He took the cupcake and started eating it as Kaito told him about space. This time around Kokichi was listening and enjoying facts about the solar system. Kaito's goal was to be an astronaut and as crazy as that sounded Kokichi knew he'd go to space one day, he believed in Kaito.

"Thank you.." he mumbled and looked up at Kaito. Kaito looked at him confused. "F-for being my friend.. it's... it's nice.." he said softly. He then looked down and continued eating. Kaito hugged him for a moment. "Well we should get to class so uh.. let's go!" Kaito said and stood up, taking Kokichi's hand and helping him up. Kaito gave Kokichi his jacket.

"It'll be pretty cold so I want you to take this, you can give it back at the end of the day.." he said and Kokichi just nodded while putting it on, not wanting to argue. "I'll walk you to your class, come see me at lunch, okay?" He said to Kokichi who nodded again. The small male wanted to confess to Kaito right now but he thought it would be a bad time.. maybe next week.

When Kokichi got to his class he noticed the seat next to him wasn't empty like it usually was. There sat a boy on his phone, breathing heavily. Kokichi thought he was odd so he stopped staring. He occupied himself with something else when Maki came over to speak with the boy next to him. Maki scared him. He went through the rest of his classes, quiet as a mouse.

When Kokichi got to lunch Kaede and Kaito were already there. "Hi.." he said as he sat next to Kaito. Kaede was on her phone so she just gave a slight nod in response. Kaito looked at what Kokichi had brought for lunch.

"I knew it.." he said. Kokichi's looked at him, confused. "You're not eating enough, I knew I was right to bring you this!" He said and pulled out a sandwich Kaito had made. Kokichi blushed lightly and took it, mumbling a thanks. Kaito just ruffled his hair. "Don't worry about it..."

Kaede glared at them. "Do you ever shut up..? I'm trying to watch something.." she said and went back to looking at her phone. Kaito apologized and went back to caring for Kokichi. Kaede could tell they were both helplessly in love with each other but she decided to stay quiet about that, it was more fun to see them be sweet and have the other be clueless. She loved her dumb friends.