In the Beginning

The loud clap over thunder shook the earth as the rain cried from the heavens above. It was a late winter night, the city was quiet yet bursting with the sound of light. The streets being empty with only a few figures walking the streets, on those streets was a quite curious girl with big ambitious. Hope and positive energy wasn't a good thing in the city of Hanamura, especially after dark. The curious girl was no other than Kay Aiuchi, a member of the Shimada Clan. Kay was only known for being the caretaker of the leaders two sons, which was rather amusing since she was younger than the two. But that never stopped her from doing her role in the clan. After all, the clan is the main reason she still lives to this day.

Kay was an outsider to Hanamura, born in America in her own family's clan. But America soon had enough with the outlaws, anyone who was against the law would be executed immediately with no questions. It was rather cruel to say things, they were human after all. After her clan found out about the horrible news, the clan lost control. Everyone went against each other and fought for their lives. It left with Kay being alive and the clan completely erased, all members were found dead the next morning. When they came knocking down the clan's door, Kay was surrounded by the bodies of her loved ones. She had nothing left, everyting was gone withing a blink of an eye.

Kay was escorted out of the clan and taken under 24 hour watch care. Unsure of her ideas or plans, but she wanted nothing, she was only ten, a child. After months of staying quiet and just flowing with the way of the world, a new hope came into view for her. The Shimada clan, a group in Japan that was taking in any new members. After The Shimada Clan heard about Kay's family, and clan. They paid for her ticket and forced her to come to Japan. Without fighting back Kay agreed and left America for good.

The Shimada Clan took Kay in as their own, treated her fairly and gave her what she needed to live on. Kay would never be ungrateful for what she has been given from the Shimada clan. After her arrival to the clan she was assigned as the caretaker for the leader's two sons. She was rather suspicious on why she was given such a job, didn't they have a mother or a maid? Kay sadly found out the hard way that the two boys lost their mother to a deadly disease a couple months ago. After hearing the news she never dared to ask any questions unless she was given the permission to.

Kay was greeted by the two sons on the second day at the clan. Her father introduced them to her and gave a small yet detailed summary of each son. First was his younger son, Genji Shimada. A rather mischievous and carefree boy, always getting into all sorts of trouble. But Genji would be serious when the time came, he took the clan respectfully and listen to his father's expectations. Genji was a short, slim, fair skinned male. He had bright green hair and eyes full of sparks, everything about him was lively. The presence he gave off was warm and full of energy, he'd definitely would change your attitude if you talked to him.

Next was the leader's second son, the oldest of the two. Hanzo Shimada, a quiet, monotone boy. He was the complete opposite of his younger brother, but he did share a few things with Genji. Hanzo always was serious, especially around his father. Tense, straightforward, and quiet, but when his father wasn't around it was a different story. He was playful and always competitive with Genji, always challenging him to silly little battles to see how strong he was. Though it was obvious everything Hanzo did was for Genji, though Hanzo would never admit to such thoughtful things.

It was obvious the three would become a friendship that would be stronger than steel. No matter how many arguments, fights, or silly assumptions. The three would never hate each other or break their friendship. They were for each other, the three only had each other, no one else. That's what made them such strong and mature kids, they grew up before they became adults. Everything they did was for each other's safety and goals to achieve. Kay was the strong, kind hearted one of the  group. She did everything in her power to keep the two boys safe and happy. She treats them with so much kindness and love.

Everything was great for the three, they were becoming young adults. About to push out into the real world, the boys were going to become the leaders of the clan. Kay would be by their side the whole time, she wouldn't dare to leave their side. But..sadly this isn't a happy ending, that would be too easy, wouldn't it?

Greed, Hatred, Betrayal, Selfishness, Sadness. Those are emotions everyone feels, but they can be sent into over drive. Leave you blindly and letting them take over your self control. Making you go chaotic and lose yourself, making you do decisions that you will regret. All these things are something the oldest has become to experience. Hanzo Shimada, was losing himself, these emtions building up on him and eating him alive. Soon he had enough, it drove him mad. Why should his brother not have to go through the emotions and pain he was going through?! Why was the pressure and problems push onto him?! Why not Genji? Why was it him only?

The thunder struck again sending a chill down the girl's spine. The fear was caught in her throat as she ran back to the clan. The air got thick around the household, this was it. It was time for changes and time to take a step forward and make things better. Or so they thought..it was only a matter of time.