When Sarcastic Jokes Made Woody Mad!

Boastful, millionaire William "Woody" Woodward, a former tree trimmer is about to have one of the worst evenings of his privileged life, thanks to his wife's mischievous poodle, Fifi, and a bunch of sarcastic former classmates at his 30th high school reunion!

Woody, 48, and his wife Lulu, 48, have only been back in their hometown of Summerville in central California for a few months when their 30th class reunion invitation arrives.

The Invitation

"Dear, here's a letter to us from Larry Boyd", said Lulu, handing the mail to Woody who was in their backyard admiring the new tropical landscaping he had asked their gardener to put in around their luxurious pool.

Boyd is a gregarious, enthusiastic, highly successful real estate broker in Summerville and past president of the Summerville High School's Class of 1990, home of the Summerville Skunks, and is now in charge of the Class Reunion Committee.

"He's probably inviting us to our 30th class reunion that he told us about when he sold us the house," said Woody, taking the letter and opening it.

While Woody was smart and good with numbers he was no scholar. But he was short, strong, and liked sports, especially playing football for the Summerville High Skunks.

Inside the envelope was the class reunion invitation and a form to request a dinner reservation. On the invitation Larry had scribbled a note to Woody.

"Well, what do you know! Larry has asked me to give a speech on how I made my tree trimming businesses so successful!" exclaimed Woody. He liked nothing better than an opportunity to boast about himself.

"I'm going to send in our reservation right away and let him know I'll be happy to give the talk! And I'll be sure to ask Larry to introduce me as Dr. Woodward now that I have a Ph.d degree!"

"Dear, it's not as though your degree is from Harvard," a skeptical Lulu reminded him.

Lulu Smith and Woody Woodward met at Summerville high and married soon after graduation. About that time Lulu's parents relocated to Washington State where they could afford to buy a cheaper nicer home and their own small business - - a tree trimming business.

When Lulu's dad offered his unemployed son-in-law a job as a tree trimmer Woody jumped at the chance and the young couple immediately moved up to Washington State. Lulu is an only child and Woody was like a son to the Smiths.

When he retired Woody's father-in-law gave his growing business to his smart, energetic son-in-law who made some important changes and started acquiring even more tree trimming businesses.

Now, many years later, Woody is a multi-millionaire and the owner of a number of WOODY'S AAA TREE TRIMMING businesses throughout in Washington State and Oregon. Recently, the couple moved back to their home town of Summerville because Woody has big plans to expand his empire into California. His employees are readily identifiable with their neon green uniforms, their neon green helmets and neon green trucks.

But Woody wasn't content with being richer than his siblings and his cousins who had gone to college and degrees. He wanted to be the first in his family have a Ph.d! But how was that going to happen when he never liked school in the first place and barely graduated from high school!

Checking on the internet, Woody found just what he was looking for: A school named SUCCESS TRACK UNIVERSITY which offered a Ph.d in Education in only six months! Woody learned that a regular university that degree could take at least 8 years beyond high school!