This is only the beginning

Pretending was something Hajime was bad at, no. Horrible at. To be fair, everything he's ever done, he's been either okay or trash at. He got used to the feeling of being worthless. All he wanted was to be special, of course. Luck wasn't on his side. Luck was never on his side.

. . .

Another day of glancing out the window, he even seemed to be bad at that. His grades were average. which only made him even more normal, which made him feel even more worthless. Hajime seems to pick up on everything, he can notice when someone doesn't wanna talk to him anymore, he notices everything, every small mistake he and others make.

Call him a pessimist, but he doesn't believe he can ever be special. Everyone is born with at least something they're good at. Hajime was not. Well, everything he's tried he wasn't even remotely good at.

.
.
.

Finally, school was over, "freedom" is what multiple kids called it. Hajime didn't know what was worse, being in school with a bunch of random kids he's never even spoken too or being at home, leaving himself with only his thoughts.

Once Hajime made it to his house. He stepped in normally like he's done all 15 years of his life. Nothing changed for him, the same routine, the same people, the same unlucky streak.

He sat down on the couch, sliding the remote to him and turning the TV on, his eyes stared at the bright screen as he watched.

" Criminal Broke Out Of Jail, Goes by the name Ko. Real name Nagito Komeada . He was arrested for stealing , murdering , and other various crimes. "

If Hajime remembered correctly, that criminal actually robbed his neighbours. He actually helped them out after that happened, giving them some money that he had. Of course, it wouldn't help THAT much but at least he tried. At least he tried, it's funny how humans use that as an excuse to hide away from the truth that they tried and failed. Trying doesn't do anything and it seems Hajime is the only one that actually knows that. Yet he still does it.

Hinata's eyes shifted from the blinding screen of the tv, they swept over the floor before back to the tv and then down to his phone. Sighing, the brown haired boy opened his phone up, swiping aimlessly and checking notifications on all his social apps. Though it seems they were mostly ads and some other stuff that wasn't interesting. Another boring day is what Hajime would say. It's come to the point where boring is really just another way of saying "average" in his own way.

Another sigh and the boy stood up, so much more of the day left. There was nothing to do. Shaking it off, Hinata started walking, making his way to the kitchen. I wouldn't say he was hungry, just had nothing better to do.

Opening the fridge and what a surprise. Nothing, he should've went shopping yesterday, oh well. Hajime grumbled when he heard the ringing of his phone, fumbling around in his pockets, he finally got it. The name read "Chiaki" Such a boring contact name. An average person such as myself would put a boring contact name like that. His thoughts didn't make much sense, it seems he was tired, tired to even think properly.

Hinata pressed the answer button, holding it up to his ear.

' ' Er , Hello ? ' ' He spoke.

' ' Hinata! It's Chiaki, I was wondering if you'd like to go out for tonight, maybe buy a new video game ? ' '

Hajime nodded, though quickly responded with a simple ' ' Yeah, sure . ' ' and hung up. A pretty boring response right?

Sighing once again, the boy put his phone on the counter, walking back over to the couch and sitting down with a bored expression on his face.

She didn't even give me a time or place-

16:00

It seems time flies by fast as Hajime heard a door bell ring, which could only be one person. Chiaki. He flinched, looking around before realizing the time and quickly got up, scrambling to the door.

He peaked through the door, seeing brown clothing. ' ' Hey, Chiaki ' ' Hajime spoke blankly as he opened the door, expecting to look down at his friend.

Instead, he looked up- At a white haired boy who had a brown suit on, he leaned forward, having a weird smile on his face that just looked rather emotionless.

' ' Uh , hello ? ' ' Hinata asked, leaning backwards as he had a grip on the door frame. This guy freaked him out, whoever he was. Hinata started to search his pockets for his phone, but remained eye contact with the stranger.

Shit, I forgot my phone.

It doesn't matter- I'm sure he's just a- sales man-

Yeah-

A sharp pain exploded in his head, it vanished as soon as he felt it though, everything seemed to go black after that.

This chapter is short . I just wanted to get this out . I'll try to be uploading a lot more . Though I can't guarantee , lmfao . Anyway , bye !

Word count: 848