Part 1

Caleb Dume ran to catch up with his master, Depa Billaba. He bumped into Captain Pitt and fell over. "Sorry Sorry." He apologized while standing up. He rubbed his arm and could feel a bruise already developing.

"It's fine, Commander" Pitt removed his helmet and chuckled. Pitt was one of the millions of clones that fought along-side the Jedi during the war. As of currently Master Billaba, her padawan and her battalion were currently on Kaller for a mission. Caleb was part of a small group that was trekking back to their ship so they could fly back to base.

Caleb smiled at Pitt then ran up next to his master. "How much more walking?" he whined.

Depa gave Caleb a small smile. "Not much longer, my padawan. We had to go a different route to avoid being spotted."

Caleb's arms flopped to his side. "Ugh, but this way is so long."

"It's better than fighting 100 battle droids, Kid." Pitt clapped Caleb on the back.

"That would be so much cooler!" Caleb threw his hands in the air. Pitt chuckled but Depa just shook her head.

"Take it from me, Caleb, going this way could save your life."

"This walk is going to be the death of me," Caleb groaned. He walked over to a large rock and sat down. The group stopped.

"If this is a secret mission the clankers will find us soon enough."

Before Caleb could respond Pitt's comlink went off. "Perhaps it's base," Pitt then squinted at the code and frowned. "Actually it's Coruscant. I wonder what they need, I should answer this."

Depa nodded. "Go ahead, Captain. We could all use a break anyway." They glanced over at Caleb who was now messing with his lightsaber.

"Thank you, General." Pitt saluted then walked a small ways from the group.

Pitt clicked on the comlink, expecting to be met by a fellow clone. To his surprise Chancellor Palpatine appeared. Palpatine then spoke 3 words that would change the course of history forever. "The time had come, execute order 66." Pitt tensed up.

"It will be done, my lord. Good soldiers follow orders." He shut off the comlink and walked back to the group.

"Everything alright, Pitt?" Caleb asked, still sitting on the rock. Pitt ignored him and turned to the other 3 clones.

"The time has come brothers. The time has come to execute order 66." Pitt's voice had lost its cheerful undertone and was replaced with something darker. Caleb and Depa shared an uneasy glance. The clones saluted Pitt then formed a ring around the two jedi and raised their balsters.

"Woah!" Caleb jumped to his feet and activated his lightsaber.

"Stand down troopers! Stand down!" Master Billaba shouted as she activated her lightsaber.

"Good soldiers follow orders," Pitt said darkly as he pulled the trigger on his blaster. Depa blocked the bolt and Caleb force pushed Pitt into a tree. The contact knocked the clone captain unconscious and he collapsed to the ground.

Caleb couldn't see the clone's faces but he could sense their anger. They instantly started firing at Depa. She managed to block them but they kept coming. "Run!" She instructed Caleb. Her voice was strained as she struggled to block bolts.

"I'm not leaving you, Master!" Caleb could feel his face growing hot. Depa looked at Caleb, her eyes were sad, but strangely, there was not a hint of fear. That's when it registered in Caleb what his master was about to do.

"Caleb, I will be right behind you. Run." Depa pressed the last word.

Caleb didn't believe his master but he turned and ran anyway. He ran away from the battle and away from his master, never looking back.