Prologue

Fifteen years old. What do you expect at that time? Normal outing, Happy picnic, parent's love....But that's not what he went through. Standing in the rain with a shivering body watching his mother on her knees in front of that mansion begging to be heard was not what he had planned for his 15th birthday.

"You were there...You were there with him when that girl died." His mother kept screaming, kept crying. Asking to be just heard in that continuous dropping rain. The sound was still not enough to press her voice. It seems to have no effect on her this time even though she hates the rain. "He is your friend. You know he can never rape a child...."

Gulf looked at his uncle in anticipation. Why wasn't he telling his mom to get up? Why was he only staring blankly? Why wasn't he helping them at all?

"I'm sorry, Aranya. I can't help you this time."

At that moment Gulf wasn't looking at his mom anymore. He was looking at the man he used to call uncle. he was looking at the man who has always accompanied them on every outing with his family. He was looking, standing in that rain, in silence trying to understand why those eyes that were once filled with nothing but warmness were looking so cold now.

"Guppie..." Suddenly a little voice pierced through the rain falling on his ear making him look at the two-year-old toddler with brown eyes, puffy cheeks, and two arms spreading towards him asking to be held up. But he couldn't do it. He can't ever hold that kid again.

As if understanding his inner turmoil, those brown eyes filled with water as two small feet tried to run towards him only to fall down. Sparkling with tears, those big eyes met him again. As if he knew, his Guppie will come towards him now. Just like he does every time he cries or gets hurt. And he wasn't wrong. Gulf's feet took a step ahead only to be blocked by Aunt Sara.

"Mew...let's go inside." Her voice was cold. Colder than the rain pouring on his head. But he was relieved.

Gulf's eyes looked at his aunt finally feeling a little at ease. Surely she won't leave his mom, her friend like this right?

"No...mew wan guppie....let mew gooo...mew wan guppie...." His eyes went back to the now wailing kid and suddenly his inner turmoil disappeared. He has always been weak in front of those tears after all. He wanted to forget everything for a moment, go there and take the child from Aunt Sara. So that the kid will stop crying, stop wailing and stop calling his name again and again while trying to come towards him. But the gaze of his Aunt told him otherwise. It was clear now. He wasn't welcome to take any part in their life anymore. It was clear as the water surrounding his mind now, attempting to drown him in it.

But still, he stood still, forcing his eyes to go away from the kid whose wailing was now increasing by every second, still calling his name, always calling his name. His fisted hands were proof enough about how he was stopping from running towards that wailing child.

"Sara...you know my husband. You were friends with him." He saw her breaking down in tears again as Aunt Sara only looked at them with hatred and...was that disgust he saw in her eyes? Might be it.

"Mew..I told you to stop crying.." She forcefully took him in her arms taking him inside...

"Nooo....gupiee..Mew wan guppiee."

Gulf can still hear his cries but for the first time, it seems to have no effect on him. It didn't affect him either when his uncle called security to throw them out in the cold. It didn't affect him when he had to carry his unconscious mom to the hospital. It didn't even affect him when he was thrown out of his current school, cause apparently, a child like him, whose father raped a girl and then killed her, will be a bad influence on other children.

No, it didn't affect him at all. When the court gave a verdict to imprison his father for 25 years in jail, when just a week after he heard that he no longer have a father cause the said man committed suicide inside his cell. it didn't affect him at all.

It didn't affect him at all even when he lost his world and saw his family ruined in front of his eyes, when they were thrown out in the street, when he had to beg just for eating, when he had to sleep on the bench under the sky, when he buried his father when he got labeled as the bastard with black blood, when his relatives threw him away like garbage...it didn't affect him.

He never shed a tear. He never screamed even when it felt like his inside was burning with never stopping pain. He was only waiting. For the day when he will be able to give them back every moment that they made me go through. He was waiting very patiently to make them feel how to look at your mother's eyes to see that she doesn't recognize you anymore. He was waiting for making them feel the same suffocation he feels every night when sleep didn't come to his eyes anymore, when he was lying in a constant nightmare with wide open eyes. He was waiting to make them feel the pain behind every scream of his mother when he had to admit her in a mental hospital.

He was waiting...He was waiting very patiently to give it all back in thousandfold. After all good things come to those who wait right?

..................... ...................... ...................

The rewritten version starts from here. You guys have been patient with me. Thank you for this, Really. From now on I will try to update like before. Hopefully, in this journey, everyone will support me too just as you supported me in my other stories.