Mary Full of Grace

As I walk up to the dark houses door, fear on my face. Why did I pick dare instead of truth? I look back at my friends, making motions to open the door.My sweaty hand reaches for the rusty nob. The creak of the porch frightens me as I take a step forword. The chipped wooden door opens as i start to walk in, my friends gasping, thinking i was dumb. All I see is darkness. I start to shiver. When I step in all I feel is a rush of energy moving through my body.Was I really going to do this? Yes. I have to or my friends will tell the whole school that I like Jake. I TOTALLY could not risk the chance of that happening. I scramble the walls looking for a light switch. Nothing. I yell for my friends, "Jay, you brought flashlights, right?". There was no reply. I try to walk out , but there was feeling of safety in the creaky house. That feeling made me uncomfortable.I try my hardest to gain control. Nothing worked. I stood there in the dark with only the moonlight shining through the cracked windows.

Suddenly, I zoned out and found myself in the middle of a long hallway.

I freaked out and ran down the creaky stairs to the door. The rusty nob that my sweaty hand was on before,suddenly locked. In horror I ripped a bobby pin out of my messy hair and looked for a key hole. There was nothing. I started to rub my fingers into my eyes. My stomach began to churn. Then, I ran back up the stairs hoping to find a damn key in this crappy house. Back in the hallway I was in before, I walked up to the first door. I opened the creaky door to find a dusty bed with white folded sheets at the end of it. There was a wire hanging from the top of the cieling with a light bulb hanging from the end. In the corner was a chair facing the wall. There was a crippled figure in the chair. Suddenly, I froze to make sure the figure was not going to hear or notice me. Apparently, It did.

In a sudden movement it was up in my face. I could see the dark, hollow, soulless in its eyes. It had matted hair with leaves in some of the tangles. I wasn't paying much attention to what she was wearing. The only thing I could focus on was the stained dirt on the figure and the cold, hard look she was giving me. It was a girl . I could tell by the figure of her body and the beauty of her face. She looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. All a sudden, she grabbed my arm and dragged me into the hallway. I fell to the floor by the way she jerked me. I looked at my bleeding hand and looked back at her. She smiled and laughed at the dripping blood. She went to grab my hand but I moved away still cupping my bleeding hand, looking into her hollow eyes terrified but cover my emotion with bravery. I carefully stood up and looked her straight in the eye and said," That wasn't funny." I pushed her slightly but she didn't budge. I then walked into the next room leaving her behind

Slowly, I turned the knob to the door across from the girls room. To my surprise the room looked exactly like my 7 year old sisters room. I walked in, stunned. She was in her bed safe and sound. I walked up to her bed, feeling the fabric of her comforter. A tear rolled down my cheek. Her name was Elaina. I loved her more than the world. The girl figure moved into the room. "Don't you touch her!" I screamed but nothing came out. The figure woke Elaina and held her hand as she came out of the bed. I looked at both of them. They were the same but the figure I saw was the older Elaina. The only problem was Elaina disappeared 4 years ago.