Cold Blood

~Prologue~

"Boruto Uzumaki has used a scientific Ninja Tool known as a 'kote'. The kote allows the user to initiate one of their techniques before enclosing it into a scroll. The scroll is then shrunk to the size of a pill and is put inside the Kote. Afterwards, they can release the scroll and use the sealed technique, thus allows the user to use Justus without one's own chakra." Naruto announced. Everyone is in shock. 'How could the hokage's own son do such a thing?'  "Boruto Uzumaki is disqualified for using an illegal ninja tool. Lee, please change the winner to Shikadai Nara" He states. "H-Hai, The winner is Shikadai Nara!" Lee responded. Boruto's whole world fell apart, He felt nothing but shame. He looks at his father, who couldn't look at his son in the eye. He hears his father murmur "We'll talk later, leave." and suddenly, something inside of Boruto snaps. His embarrassment turns into fear, his fear turns into anger, and his anger turns into vengeance. "Well maybe, if you actually took time off to help train your son this wouldn't have happened!" Everyone gasps, "Boruto, you've caused enough trouble for one day, I'll deal with you later but the chunin exams need to go on, so please leave." Naruto exclaims, slightly raising his tone. "I'm going to run away! I'll come back one day and I'll get my revenge on you!" Boruto yells while holding back tears. Naruto scoffs at this, and Boruto runs away, back to his home. "You don't think you should send a guard to get Boruto?" Shikamaru, Naruto's advisor asks him. "Nah, Boruto is probably just gonna go home or something." He responds.

Boruto is back at his house, and he stares at a photo of his mother holding a 3-year-old Hima, his father wearing the hokage cloak and hat, and himself, everyone is grinning. He gently tears Naruto's face out of the picture, and puts the piece with him, his mother and his sister in his pocket. Boruto grabs a piece of paper and starts writing on it. "Dear Himawari & Mom: I will return soon. Don't look for me, I will return when I am ready. Love, -Boruto" and leaves it in Hima's room. He packs everything he needs, kunais, shurikens, and all the clothes he can find. The blond ninja looks inside of his savings box and finds 20,000 ryo. 'Not much, but it'll last until I settle in and find a way to get more.' He thinks. Boruto takes one last look at his home, and leaves.