Episode 1: Eva unit 14 Part 1

"Sora.”

Sora blinked, his head going back to mesh with the pillow as he groaned. A hand was on his shoulder, shaking him.

His name was repeated and this time Sora opened his eyes, ignoring the tiredness weighing down on him as he locked eyes with his father.

"Wake up."

After a couple more seconds Sora sat up, rubbing his eyes as his father chuckled. His eyes were still close to shutting, returning to the land of sleep.
---

"Were here, Sora."

His father stood out of the way, letting Sora get out of the car. "Come on, let's head inside." Sora looked up at the building, noting how tall and broad it was, more of a future design than anything seen before.

Once inside, Sora's dad led him to the breakroom, where he was told to sit and wait. He looked around, watching the others in the room with him.

"You're Sora Suki?"

Sora stood upright as a woman with a clipboard walked in. He observed her, and he furrowed his brow at all of the papers on the clipboard, neatly tucked in while a pen was hidden away in the front pocket of her lab coat.

"I was told to bring you to your Eva. Come on, let's go." She tapped the clipboard with her finger then turned around, already walking without him.

When they arrived at their destination, Sora looked up in shock. All of the nerves in his body were going haywire at the sight before him. Excitement bundled up in his body as he shouted, “What's that!"

"It's called a Evangelion-"

They all looked up at the obversion deck at the Commander, who continued to speak.

"But we just call them Evas for short." The Commander turned towards the Spiky haired boy and began, "You there, it's Sora Suki, correct?"

Sora gulped but nodded as the man fixed his position. “I'm Gendo Ikari, I run this place. And your our 6th child. Now Sora, do you see that Eva in front of you?"

The boy looked up at the Silver and Red-colored Eva; it had two sets of eyes and two mouths. The metal had the Eva shine, glinting off the lights above. If Sora touched it, he would've sworn that the metal would be cool and smooth over his fingertips.

"That will be your Eva for now. And I want you to pilot it!"

The room stood still for a bit while Sora tried to process what he’d been ordered to do. He almost stumbled as he took a step back, his eyes going in a messy line over the Eva.

Pilot? Sora thought, his mind buzzing with questions. "Does he really think I have what it takes? Should I take his offer?"

The commander had a grim look on his face as he spoke, “If you don't another Pilot will lose their life."

They all looked up and watched as a monitor turned on. At first, the screen was pitch-black. Though now, it had a vibrant neon color with data shown. That is until it changed to two monsters fighting.

The fight appeared to be between a purple and green-colored Eva along with a strange-looking creature.

"That's Eva-01 and inside is it's pilot Shinji Ikari." The commander paused for a bit before adding. “My son...then there his opponent; Sachiel."

They all looked at the towering creature as it fought Eva-01. Sora backed up a bit in shock but was stopped by some workers.

"If you don't comply Sora, then well have to exterminate you. Your were no use to NERV to begin with."

Sora looked down at his feet while the workers closed in, all of them looming over him.

There was an answer stuck in Sora’s throat. Yes or no?

Suddenly alarms started to ring out, a blaring sound that could tear eardrums as the room shook. Everything was moving in a constant motion, and Sora almost fell to the ground under the immense pressure.

"Sir, it's Unit 14! It's activated!" Sora looked over to see that the owner of the voice was one of the workers. His face had fear imprinted on it, the line of his mouth trembled.

The commander looked at the worker.

“What?!”

Just then, a silver clawed hand intercepted the workers and pushed them away. With them were pieces of the room; the floor now had a giant rip in it, as if it were mere paper.

Sora looked in front of him as unit 14 placed down it's hand. His glance then moved from the hand to the Eva's head.

"Unit 14." Sora sighed as he stood up straight. His chest puffed out as he gave in to the only answer left. “Fine, I'll Pilot it!"