Chapter One

"You okay, kid? You seem to be feeling more...down lately. Something bothering you?"

Eda curiously asked with concern upon noticing Luz's sad aura changing the mood of the whole living room. She immediately lifts her head up to look at Eda with eyebrows raised to process the question her mentor asked.

"Of course I am Eda! N-Nothing to worry about!", Luz responded with a nervous smile forming up on her face, her hands waving all over the place obviously failing how to hide whatever she's been going through these days.

The panic and quick stutter in Luz's voice was enough to make Eda sigh in disappointment, knowing that Luz is trying to hide all of her problems to deal with it by herself.

"Look kid, I love you and all but, you're such a bad liar at times.", the nervous smile on Luz's face immediately switches to a very pitiful frown that made the Owl Lady's heart sink in guilt.

Way to go, me., Eda thought, mentally slapping herself for making Luz feel more disappointed with herself by her own mentor's words.

Eda bit her lower lip and absentmindedly walks slowly towards the couch where her student is sitting on. Feeling very wary and nervous at the moment  to make a move, she decides to ask Luz first for permission just in case the mentor would do something that'll make her very uncomfortable.

"May I sit here with you for a sec?", Eda asks, putting her hand on the human's shoulder as some kind of way to tell Luz that she can trust her mentor anytime when she needed to.

And with a genuine smile, Luz openly gestures for Eda to sit beside her that made the older witch to smile for accepting her company.

The brunette adjusts herself a little bit to the right to allow some space for her mentor to sit down properly and comfortably on the couch.

Eda makes sure to clean the spot first with both of her hands to remove a bit of dust before allowing herself to sit down on it for a few seconds. And now she did.

Brushing her silky silver grey hair with her fingers with a sharp exhale, she then decides to try and help Luz on whatever's going on through her life and mind alike.

"Let's talk about it kid, alright? And sorry for whatever I said earlier."

Luz responded with chuckle and smiled while looking on the ground, "It's okay, Eda."

The brunette starts to fiddle with both of her thumbs, shyly avoiding Eda's gaze that's really studying her. The kind of gaze where it made Eda want to read her student's mind to see what the deal is.

She could easily use a spell for that but for now, the older witch mentally decided for herself to know about the problem and help out naturally.

"Sorry if I lied. Main reason is, it's a really really stupid problem and I don't want to drag you into it.", says Luz, scratching the back of her neck with a nervous smile as Eda's curiosity grew and grew.

"And...if I tell you what it is, you'll probably laugh at me after hearing it.", Luz added, a bunch of memories flashing back inside her head about the times where Eda laughed or mocked at her in certain situations like these.

To be honest, Luz understands why her mentor would react that way in those times. I mean, she's Eda and always will be Eda. But that kind of reaction coming from her mentor just makes her feel very embarrassed and hurt at times.

So Luz usually would tell herself to just deal with her problems all by herself and herself only.

"Oh, Luz I'm...", Eda left her words in the air, a sad expression seen in her face, feeling the large amount of guilt punch in her gut as her heart sunk more from Luz's reason.