𝖔. BLOOD THAT SIN

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves."
                                                                         William Shakespeare

"                                                                         William Shakespeare

Stars are swimming in Marisol Reilly's eyes

Stars are swimming in Marisol Reilly's eyes. Stars that everyone loves, and no fingers brush. Pretty and popular and powerful and so very much more than a mere girl. So much more than merely human. Fangs tear at the flesh of mortals—a moon shimmers upon a once quaint town.

Wolves howl under the moon, seeking a clan, a pack, companions of the night. Golden eyes beam at a boy of tanned complexion and onyx hair. Scott McCall gazes back at her—a pack at long last. Mirrors reflecting back, although one has a fracture streaking like claws across the smooth glass. 

Upon the bite of a wolf shifting Scott evermore, Mare's dragged into the hidden world of the supernatural, riddled with foes at every turn—particularly, the haunting Derek Hale and the malicious alpha. The powerful princess no longer sits on her throne beside her best friends Lydia and Lyra Martin, and, instead, befriends the lowly paupers Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. Three teens remain in the microcosm of the darkening storm, chased at every turn.

Light breaks through the grim clouds.

A rose petal amongst wilted flowers—a beautiful daughter of Capulet, a skilled werewolf hunter, in pursuit of a modern Montague. 

Allison Argent whisks away the fragile heart of a teenage werewolf, as Mare and Allison grow increasingly smitten despite the brewing feud between humans and monsters.

The odds are ardently stacked against them, all except the stars.

A girl has a voice that speaks like a melody, intoxicating and sweet to the taste like ambrosia—it's the nectar of the gods

A girl has a voice that speaks like a melody, intoxicating and sweet to the taste like ambrosia—it's the nectar of the gods. So fine and sweet like cherry wine dribbling down your chin, the world a bit warmer and the lights a bit brighter. That's the voice Lyra Martin has, the voice that's a song in itself.

What is Lyra Martin? She's a bombshell, a firecracker—a girl whose smile lifts the heart of Scott McCall. If you ask Scott McCall who Lyra is, his answer will be a jumbled mess. It will be adoration and admiration, a longing for a girl who is sought out by all in the land. She's a princess with a crown atop her crimson hair, a girl who sits upon a throne beside her beautiful twin sister Lydia.

But that's the thing—Lyra isn't Lydia, and that's more reason for Scott to let Lyra capture his heart in a cage of roses and thorns. While Lyra and Lydia are as close as siblings can be, they're not the same. In the eyes of Scott McCall, Lydia's a viper who will claw her way to the top.

Lyra's a melody—a prayer. She's salvation and love, and she's the beacon of light in Scott's life. She's not dating a boy as poisonous as Jackson Whittemore or slithering her way to the top of the social hierarchy, she's wholly her own. She's content with her place in the middle alongside her best friend Sydney. She's smart and kind and, more importantly, she talks to Scott. She smiles at him and laughs at his jokes, and maybe—just maybe—she'll like him, too.

Maybe she already does.

And then his world is collapsing, buildings breaking brick by brick into a pile of rubble and ash. The world's aflame and all he can hear is a screeching song. When he's bitten by a werewolf one night in the woods, Scott's suddenly good at lacrosse and popular.

Everything should be perfect for the two of them, but it's not. Something's happening to Lyra—something perniciously wicked. She has fangs for teeth, scales for flesh, and claws for hands . . .

She has a song to steal your soul.

✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜

Copyright © Voidance | 2020

I don't know what to say. I'm bored. I want to get back into writing but I don't have a creative bone in my body right now. Anyway, I hope you like this. I'll probably update a little bit throughout my winter break. We'll see how this goes. This is pretty much just a blend of my old Allison fic Girls Like You and my old Scott fic Half Light. 

If you need to vent about the pandemic, please feel free to reach out in my private messages. I can't promise I'll check them everyday, but if anyone needs to talk, please reach out. If you have any questions about high school, college admissions, or future college plans, also feel free to reach out.

With love,
Voidance xx