The Mysterious Blue Wave

-???'s POV-

It was a warm and calm spring night. The air was humid, but clean. It was late, the crescent moon and the stars being the only things in the sky. The boys and I were done with our usual practice runs on the Myogi Pass. I am the fourth best in the Myogi Night Kids next to Miyahara and his MR2. I drive a Toyota Supra (A80), the fourth generation, and I do some of the uphill battles. I looked up to Shingo and Takeshi, as they were the #2 and #1 on the team, but they were not in fact friends or anything in any way, I swear. One day, I'll surpass them and become the number one in the Night Kids myself. I stood next to my car at the top of the pass, looking down the mountain. The others were talking to each other about their times on their runs. Takeshi and Shingo didn't show up tonight, as they were taking a break from racing for a day or two, so it was just everyone else in the team there.

"Oi! We're getting kinda tired, so we're probably gonna call it a night!" One of them called to me.

"Alright!" I yelled back. "I'm probably going to do one more run before heading home!"

"Okay man! Good luck! See you tomorrow night!" Another one yelled to me as I got back into my car while waving to them. The others got into their cars and drove down the mountain and I followed behind them. When I got to the bottom, I turned my car around and prepared for my last run of the night. I got myself situated and took a deep breath before stepping on the pedal, blasting myself forward. I drove fast, drifting around the corners as I gained elevation. No one in front of me, and no one behind... Perfect. I was going to beat my time if things were to stay this clear. This Supra of mine was the perfect ride for me. It's very fast, it's also unfortunately heavy, but at least it's great at cornering. It's a rear wheel drive with a 2JZ-GE engine, meaning it wasn't the turbocharged one. Plus, it hits well with the ladies.

I was already halfway through the course and I decided to look in my rear view mirror, only to see two headlights coming ever so closer to my car from the distance behind me.

(Crazy Night / Boys Band)

"Huh?" I squinted my eyes as I looked back in the rear view mirror again, trying to make out what the car behind me was. I couldn't see it well because it was still a bit behind me and it was pitch black out, but it was catching up to me, and fast. "What is that? Is that one of ours? There's no way, they all went home. He's going pretty fast so he can't just be a normal driver."

It got closer and closer until the headlights were just on my rear bumper. The car was blue, a bit bulky, and it didn't have pop-up headlights.

"Is that a Three-Four or a Lan Evo?" I asked myself out loud. The car's blinkers flashed on and off, signaling that the person inside wanted a quick race. I didn't expect to have an actual race with another person tonight, as I was just trying to beat my uphill time. It definitely wasn't one of our own. I smirked to myself. "Eh, maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. Alright, let's do this! I can take him on!"

I put my foot down on the gas, sending the Supra forwards, the blue car following behind. We were on a straightaway for another second before the next corner. I quickly braked and downshifted, throwing my wheel along with the clutch, oversteering into the turn. My car almost went sideways on the huge corner.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The tires screeched as I performed a drift around the corner at a fast speed. The exit speed wasn't as fast as the entry speed, though that wasn't going to be a problem as that blue car had no chance of catching up with me. That was just something I had to work on for later. I pulled the next corner off pretty easily as it was an easier and a slightly more wider turn. I looked behind me to see the car still a couple yards off.