Shark Week

A/N: we all need a buffy boyfriend to take care of us sometimes

tw: periods, two swear words

You woke up to a sharp pain to your lower abdomen and soreness all over your body. Shit, not this again, you thought to yourself as you groaned and moved to a fetal position. And as soon as you turned, you a felt a cold wet spot.

Fuck. Me.

You threw the duvet off of yourself to be met with a big red stain on the not-so-clean-anymore-white sheets. You sighed deeply, cursing every god you could think of when you heard a small snore coming from next to you.

Arthur was sleeping like a rock after coming in late from Atlantis yesterday. You loved seeing him looking so peaceful. It made you feel slightly better; that is before you realized you were going to have to disturb his peace. You groaned again.

"Okay, (Y/N)," you said quietly to yourself, "you can do this. You just need a little bit of courage." You took a deep breath, and got up off the bed. You went into the bathroom with fresh panties and PJs and got to work on cleaning yourself and changing.

You came out of the bathroom feeling a lot better and stopped next to the bed, reviewing the damage. You were definitely going to need a change of sheets. Sighing once again, you moved onto the next dragon of the day. You climbed over the stain and kneeled next to Arthur. You placed your hand on his chest, putting a little pressure, shaking him slightly, since you didn't want to startle him awake.

"Baby." You called, quietly. You shook him a little more and, still in his sleep, he brought his own hand to hold yours over his chest. You couldn't help the smile on your face. You leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, then one on his forehead, nose, chin and as you were making you way up his jawline, he turned and caught your lips with his. The kiss was slow and sleepy and made you a little breathless. "Morning." You whispered.

"It's so early." He whined, pouting a little, making you kiss him again.

"I know baby, I'm really sorry." You kissed him once more, "but I need you to get up."

That woke him up a little more. He frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." You reassured, "but, hum, I had a small incident and I need you to get up."

He kept his frown, not understanding what you were talking about until he saw the red spot behind you. "Oh, shark week."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about the mess." you looked down, sheepishly.

"Hey, hey, there's nothing to apologize for." He cupped your cheeks and kissed you once more, long and sweet. "I'll go make you some breakfast, okay?"

"You don't have-"

"I want to." He affirmed.

"Okay." He kissed you again, before stepping out of the room and leaving you to yourself. Arthur knew better than to offer to clean for you, since you've told him off enough times. I made the mess so I'm cleaning it. You shouldn't have to deal with this. You can do the dishes if that will make you feel better.

You got up and took out all the bedding, thanking the gods that it didn't leak into the actual mattress, before gathering everything and putting it in the wash. After putting on the new sheets, you found your way into the kitchen, where Arthur was making pancakes and hot chocolate for you.

You sat at the kitchen island, with your head on you your hand watching that man move around. You'd think he'd be clumsy because of how big and tall he was, but he moved around with surprising grace. You mindlessly ogled him, watching his back muscles move while he mixed the pancakes. His hair was placed in a half bun and all he was wearing were boxers. He's never looked better.

"It's rude to stare, you know." He commented, not even turning around. You could hear the amusement in his voice.

"Who's says I'm staring?" you said, not looking away, trying to contain the blushing.

"I can feel you staring at my ass." He said, turning to hand you the pancakes and the mug with chocolate milk on it.

"It's not my fault your ass is as nice as it is. You brought this onto yourself." You said, taking a bite off your food.

"I'll tell my parents you're a fan of their work." He said, stealing a bite from you.

"Number one fan." You winked at him.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?"

"In pain, but it's manageable. There's no pain meds, though."

"I have to go meet my mom for some boring
bureaucratic crap regarding Atlantian speedways, but I'll pick some up on the way back." He reasoned.

"Do you have to go?" you asked, trying not to pout and failing miserably.

"I'll be back before you know it, I promise." He reassured, trying not to laugh at how adorable you looked.

"Okay." You nodded. Arthur left to get changed and you moved yourself onto the couch. He came out wearing his Aquaman armour, and leaned over the couch to give you a kiss.

You locked your arms on the back of his neck, holding him to you and kissing him harder, longer. He lifted you into him so that now you were standing on the couch. You passed your tongue on his bottom lip, asking for entrance, which easily he granted, grunting in approval. You kept your forehead pressed to his, getting back your oxygen.

"What was that for?" he asked, also a little breathless.

"Motivation, for you to get back soon."

"Consider me motivated." He said, kissing you one, two, three more times, soft and sweet, before he gently unlocked your arms from his neck, placed a kiss on each hand and walked towards to glass doors that lead to the pier.

As you lost sight of him, you slumped back into the couch, trying to find a confortable enough position to wait for him to come back. Lucky enough you had a great book to keep you company while he was gone, even though it was a romance novel and made you miss him more. But pretty soon you were engrossed in the story and didn't even see the time passing. You only looked up when you heard the lock on the doors clicking open and Arthur calling for you.

"Honey, I'm home!" he made his way into the kitchen, grabbing you a glass of water and handing you the pills.

"Thank you." you said, taking the pills and swallowing them, while Arthur sat next to you on the couch.

"How you feeling? Still in pain?"

"Yes, but better now that you're back." You smiled sweetly at him, making him lean forward to place a kiss on your forehead.

"What can I do?" he asked, like he's asked every single time before this. Your wants and needs varied, from wanting space to wanting him close, to being hungry to not wanting to eat anything that isn't chocolate.

"This might sound a little weird but... can you lay on top of me?"

"Kinky." He smirked, making you roll your eyes and shove him.

"The weight and warmth helps with the pain." You explained, laying back on the couch.

"Is that the only reason?" he asked cheekily while slowly placing himself on top of you. He nuzzled your neck and pressed his hips against your own making you let out a small 'oomph' from the relief.

Arthur placed a couple of kisses on your neck and jaw before cradling your head in his hand and playing with your hair. He knew it would relax you instantly, and got his confirmation with the sweet purr coming from underneath him. He hated having to leave you while you were in pain, as much as he knew you could take care of yourself. But he was there now, and with the comforting weight of him on you and the warmth emanating from his body, you've never felt safer.

Soon enough you were asleep, breathing deep and evenly. Arthur looked at your peaceful face and wondered how the hell he got so lucky as to have you in his life, before placing one last kiss on your cheek and closing his eyes to join you in the peace.