Attempt 1

Reaching out as I stretched, I reached my hand across the other side of the bed. Intending to find a warm body, all I felt was cold air. 

That's strange. Scrunching my face a little, I thought back through the week, making sure to mark each day off in my head. Yes, today should be a Saturday, and I should feel Ethan asleep beside me. I run my hand up and down to make sure He isn't there. Turning my head, I squinted at the clock screen. Quarter past seven; I definitely should have Ethan beside me. Most Saturdays we don't leave bed until 9.

Stretching again, I rolled up and set my feet on the fuzzy white rug. The sun coming through the curtains was far too bright this early in the morning. I swear, if Ethan is holed up in his room editing, I am going to strangle him. 

I shove my phone in my pocket and head out of our bedroom.

Right away, I can smell the heavy scent of bacon in the air mixed with coffee. Okay, maybe I'll let the boy live this time. Shifting slowly between each step, I silently pad towards the kitchen. Once I get close to the doorway, I shuffle to the edge. Pressed as close to the wall as is humanly possible, I take a slow breath and wrap my head around the opening.

There he was: Tall, lean, and handsome Ethan jamming out, full force, in complete and utter silence. I stifled the laugh building in my chest as he wiggled and flailed his arms around in nothing but his Sponge Bob Boxers and white socks. My face curled up into a huge grin as he took a break from his dance party to flip what looked like a pancake and stir something in another pan.

I stepped away from the wall, crossing my arms as I leaned against the doorway. He started to riff along to his song on an air guitar. This man was perfect. I let out a little chuckle as he worked himself onto his knees still playing his air guitar. If it wasn't the cutest thing I had ever seen I would have kissed him senseless right then and there. Grinning like a freak, I watched him finish whatever song he was listening to on his air pods. He dropped his arms, then as he stood up I caught his eyes.

"Hey!" he shouted louder than necessary while he removed an earbud. "What are you doing awake? I was going to surprise you with breakfast!" He gestured wildly at the stove and counter behind him. Which I now noticed, are littered with dirty dishes.

"Well, you certainly did just that." I leaned in to wipe a bit of flour off his cheek and replace it with a kiss. " And you even added a show! What more could I ask for?"

He wrapped one arm around my waist and gave me a quick peck and squeeze before going back to the stove. "So we have pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon; the coffee should be ready, and If you want, I can make toast."

"You know how to spoil a girl." 

He threw a cheesy grin and winked my way

"You know it, babe!"

I crossed the kitchen, making sure to pinch him in the butt, on my way to the fridge for coffee creamer. He shot his arm back, swinging it back and forth behind himself, glaring at me.

"You know I like a little sugar with my coffee, sweetie!" I said innocently. "Who are you to deny me a little cake with breakfast." I tried to give him my cutest pouty face.

With false bravo and wagging the spatula at me, in his high pitch voice, he said 

"Keep that up, and we will have to eat breakfast cold which is not the point of this morning!"

I chuckled as I fixed my coffee before sitting down at the end of the island to watch as he finished up. Each sip of coffee a reminder that I'm not dreaming. It also serves as a distraction to the gigantic mess this incredibly sweet man had made over the entire kitchen to accomplish the task of cooking a full breakfast. At least his kisses are worth it!