A star was born

hello beautiful people! its been 3 years since I first started writing this story and -as u can tell- its been discontinued. However I'll attempt finishing it, also some changes will be made like the main characters name etc.

TRIGGER WARNING for anyone who didn't check the bio, mentioning of scuicide, trauma, selfharm, mental illness. I'm gonna be placing tw on top of the pages when necessary.
-
The raindrops up against the window and my heavy breathing were the only sounds I could hear in Richards apartment despite all the people. Time felt slower as I was running up to him to prevent him from doing such act. However, it was too late. CPR couldn't bring him back, his lips blue like the deep ocean, his eyes staring at the ceiling, emotionless. Their color seemed to had fade away, if that's even possible. '19:03' I heard the peramedic and collapsed onto Alans arms. He was shaking, but holding me tight like I could melt right there on the bathroom floor. I'm sure on some level hes blaming himself of what happened. His tears are barely noticable, hes trying to keep himself together so theres balace between my histerical crying and him. I notice a letter, moist on the floor. Alan reads the first phrase  "Dear Celia" he looks at me with wide open eyes, as soon as he realised what it was. 'we should get out of here' he said, so we did.

6 months earlier

'Celia get your ass down here & help me get this dinner ready.' I hear moms voice coming through the kitchen. Shes a nice person, but heavily anxious and right now we are expecting a very important guest, a friend of my fathers. Hes a director, a good one, so father thought its the perfect opportunity for me to meet him since I graduated drama school a few months ago and I'm ready for that big step. My father, James , is a lawyer so I was surprised when he told me hes friends with a director since he only associates in a friendly level with people of the "lawyer elite" (insane) . Apparently, my father worked the case of him divorce from his abusive (both mentally and physically) husband. My father normally doesn't take over divorce cases but this specific one moved him to his very soul. He worked his ass off and, thankfully, won the trial. His client got even full custody of kid. They kept in touch from time to time and here we are inviting him over to meet 'the future of acting' as my father calls me.

Time passed by and when the clock hit 8:00 we heard the doorbell ring.

My parents welcomed him into the house while I was standing a few feet behind nervously cracking my fingers. 'Its a pleasure to meet you, Sir' said and placed my hand into a handshake. 'The pleasure is all mine young lady' was his response. 'Dinner will be ready in half an hour, lets help ourselves to the bar' dad said and prepared a neat wiskey for him and his friend and a glass of red wine for mom and I.

'So, James tells me youre an aspiring actress.' 'That is correct, sir. I finished acting school 4 months ago, I did some community theatre and I joined a few seminars studying the body language. I also got a degree in Frence and im an amature dancer.

'Don't forget about your plays, sweetheart' mom said and dad notted positively. I gave her a death stare and lip sync 'MOM'.

'well, while I was doing community theatre I did have the opportunity to star in a few plays. But that's relatively important.'

'I beg to differ' says the director and confusion takes over my face.

'you can use every oportunity that was given to you to your advantage, I suppose that your not overjoyed about your mini roles to all those plays but you gained experience and knowlage from each and every one of them, especially if you starred in a few then youll be more comfortable on stage and you'll perform under pressure.'

'I never thought about it this way.. youre absolutely right' I said with a huge smile on my face. hes such a kind man and ill use his advice to my advantage. Shit is starting to get serious.

Time for dinner has arrived and I excitedly chose the seat next to the director.

'Celia, I've got good news and bad news for you. The good news is theres is an opening about a new movie I'm directing, I can cast you for it if you wish as a thank you to your father. I looked at your resume and although a collage graduate still, you've done some great work. The bad news is  that you have quite the opponents. Some of the girls that have already been casted have more experience than you and fit well to the measurements of the role. Experience isn't everything, tho. With the right attitude and your talent you still have a chance. So what do you say? Should I suggest you as a worthy  candidate?'

My legs are shaking. I feel the lack of oxygen in my lungs ' YES SIR ABSOLUTELY' a lound noice comes out of my mouth and I insantly blush. 'I mean, I would appreciate that, thank you'

I look over at my parents and they look as happy as ive seen them in a while. This is it. This is my moment to shine.

Well then, it is settled. I have the script with me if you wanna take a look. Ive marked the lines you should learn for casting, the movie is gonna be called 'An awfully big adventure' and if you succed you'll be playing opposite Alan Rickman.

'NO WAY ALAN FREAKING RICKMAN?' I hear my dads voice. Is my dad fangirling?!

'whos Alan freaking Rickman?' I ask my dad sarcastically. Sweety don't you remember? The villain from die hard? we used to watch this movie every Christmas.' Some images of a middle aged guy wearing a black suit come to my mind ' you also used to have a huge crush on him' mom adds.

Director raises an eyebrow at me and I would much rather fall off the 30th floor of Nakatomi building than taking part in this conversation anymore. 'It wasn't like that!!' I say and the director senses how uncomfortable I am and Thank god he changes the subject. I'm lost in my own thoughts thinking of how lucky I am to have a father this considering, and a boyfriend so loving.

Richard, my boyfriend always believed in me. ' You're gonna be huge, I know it' he said every time Id lose my confidence or my performance sucked at a play. He never missed any of my performances and you could hear him cheering for me from down the street even. I'm so excited to tell him the news but I'm not sure how's he going to react to me being this close with my former crush, Alan.

The night went smoothly and when we greeded our guest goodbye I instantly went to my room to rewatch Die hard. My memories and 'feelings' came rushing back and I couldn't comprehend my head around the fact that im actually going to meet him. Even if I don't get the part I'm going to meet my childhood love in person.. oof Richard is gonna be so mad...