His Secret -@LunaBeth203

His Secret Entry

            It was the second to last day of having to wear the 'insecurity robes', which were completely absurd in Harry's mind, who was also trying to find a shirt. He was alone in his dorm, the others already left for breakfast and obviously decided to let Harry sleep in, causing him to be late for breakfast. The brunette was currently rummaging through his trunk half-awake for the third time, hoping that it would magically conjure a shirt for him. Harry ran his fingers through his hair out of frustration, making the ends stick out even more. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before grabbing his branded robes and threw them over his head.

           Casting a cleaning charm over him, Harry stared at his reflection in the mirror. He had deep bags under his eyes because of deciding to stay up rather than face his nightmares. They stood out from the ghostly pale skin on his face, the nightmares have taken a toll on him in the mornings, keeping his hunger at bay and, since he was barely fed at the Dursleys, he barely ate. Harry took a look at him dull, lifeless eyes and turned, unable to hold his stare any longer. Hoping to Merlin that the robes wouldn't slip, Harry grabbed his wand and ran down the stairs and into the empty common room.

           He took off down empty corridors and down moving staircases, dodging ghosts with ease and ignoring the snide comments made by some of the portraits. Miraculously, Harry reached the double doors of the Great Hall in one piece but, oddly enough, he didn’t meet anyone one the way here. Catching his breath, the brunette then pushed open the double doors, ignoring how most conversations stopped and then whispers filled the hall.

           Harry nervously took a look around and spotted Ginny, Fred, and George at the end of the Gryffindor table. 'Odd,’ he thought as fiery red words still caught his eye. Fat. Anorexic. Fake. Jealousy. But Harry came across a white shirt with a green and silver striped tie. Then the head turned and stormy grey eyes met his emerald orbs. Malfoy, Harry thought bitterly. Of course he would think he's better than everybody else by not wearing the stupid robes. Then Malfoy sent Harry a smirk and turned to his friends, joining their conversation.

           Harry walked towards Fred, George, and Ginny until halfway down when he stumbled and fell face-first, hearing a loud tear. He heard laughing and then it abruptly stopped and he heard some gasps and screams. A moment later, Harry turned his head and his eyes met silvery grey ones, which were completely wide and the blonde’s jaw had dropped. But then Malfoy turned his gaze towards Harry’s back once again and almost turned around, feeling sick. It was revolting-absolutely repulsive!

            FREAK, USELESS, BURDEN. The words stared back at him, carved deeply into the skin of Harry’s back. Angry red welts covered the brunette’s back, along with green, yellow, and black bruises the size of fists and…shoe prints?! Deep-very deep cuts and punctures were scattered along his back, arms, and neck. Every inch of the young wizard’s backside had partly healed welts, dark scars, and large ugly green, yellow, and black bruises. The hall was deadly silent while Harry clenched his eyes shut and laid his forehead on the cool tiled floor, the small puddle of salty wet tears that fall from his emerald eyes seeping into his hair. But he didn’t care; now they all knew what he was-a freak! A useless, unwanted, and unloved freak…

            The teachers became worried and began wonder why the students had gotten up and surrounded an area between the Gryffindor and Slytherin tables. Severus Snape was the first to act and stood from his seat, quickly telling the other teachers to do the same. The Headmaster and Potions Master sent each other similar looks of fright as a few screams echoed throughout the hall and hurried towards the scene. Severus shoved students out of the way, hoping it was none of his snakes causing this much attention. Though, deep in his mind, he already knew the only person in the school that could cause this much uproar.

            He and Albus, followed by a flock of teachers, got through the sea of students, their feet froze in its’ feet. Whatever they were expecting to see, it most definitely wasn’t this.

            A boy lie face down on the cold, tiled ground-a boy with untidy, raven colored hair. A boy whose body was trembling with heartbreakingly silent sobs. His discarded robes lay beneath him, ripped right off his body, down his back.

            Harry’s back was covered in welts, sickly-colored bruises, and dark scars or healing wounds. This was not at all what had surprised them-well, not Severus and Albus. McGonagal, Sprout, Flitwick, and a few other teachers completely froze or let out small screams (Hagrid looked absolutely murderous), that echoed off the walls in the eerie silence. No, what rendered them and literally every person there speechless was the platinum blonde bent over on his knees, gingerly stroking Harry’s hair and whispering softly to the whimpering brunette.

            Severus stared at his grandson, astounded. How could he control his emotion right now with what his grandson was doing! And what would happen if Lucius found out…

            Draco stared at his sobbing enemy for a full minute, horrified, before diving to the ground towards the younger boy. After looking over Harry and seeing no where to touch him without causing pain, the blonde decided to run his pale fingers through his messy dark hair, whispering to him.

            “It’s alright…they can’t hurt you anymore…don’t cry…it’s not your fault…” Who they was, Draco wouldn’t be able to tell you, but he felt the need to comfort the…defenseless, the broken teen that lie before him. To let him know that it was going to be alright. And it seemed to be working. Draco heard footsteps behind him, breaking the ongoing silence, that were quickly retreating towards the door.

            It must’ve been Blaise…the sight brought bad memories into the light. Hell, Draco almost lost it when he saw Harry. This wasn’t what Draco had believed at first. Harry wasn’t a little prince, living in his kingdom, pampered on a velvet pillow. No, Harry didn’t get a slap on the hand for acting out as most children do. He got so-much-worse. And it wasn’t fair. It wasn’t fair that family could do that to their own flesh and blood!

            Draco sensed the sobbing was slowing and continued whispering to the brunette before it stopped all together, still running his fingers through Harry’s raven hair. Draco withdrew his hand from Harry’s head and made to get up when a cold hand shot out and latched onto his arm, pulling him back. Draco stared at the back of the younger wizard’s head, that was still facedown, surprised. Draco also noticed that everyone around was taken aback at those actions. Aren’t they supposed enemies?

            Then Harry slowly picked his head up and turned to face Draco with a broken and exhausted look in those emerald eyes and dried tears on his face.

            “Th-thank y-you,” his hoarse voice whispered to Draco, then head head fell with a sickening bang onto the tiled floor and the hand on Draco’s arm went limp. The silence was overwhelming, Draco couldn’t take it. He was the first to react.

            The blonde reached down and, very slowly, turned Harry over. He almost screamed aloud at the sight of his front and the bones that stuck out, but quickly calmed down and reached under the limp body. Draco cautiously lifted Harry’s unconscious body, surprised at the weight, and cradled the boy to his chest.

            ”Move! Get out!” Draco began wandlessly spelling students and a few teachers out of his way and ran out of the Great Hall, heading straight for the infirmary. Draco unconsciously decided that he would wear his robes tomorrow.

Hey guys! Sorry for not yet updating, I havent even started writing (Still need you opinions) But this is a chapter I wrote for the story "His Secret" By @LunaBeth203 and the story is absolutely amazing!!!!!

To @LunaBeth203 I worte Draco doing those things because I thought He could've been abused (Severus wondering about what Jucuis wold do if he found out..?) and blaise helped him or the other way around...I hope you like it