Marry Me

Takes place between end of Pet Names and start of the sequel: We Will Share Everything

 "Din FUCKING Djarin!" the Mandalorian cringed from underneath his helmet at hearing his partner and crewmate's incensed voice after he had shoved the latest quarry in carbonite. This was not the welcome he had been hoping for. He slowly turned to face her, and cringed again at the sight of the cross look on her face and hands on her hips.

Well, one hand on her hip, the other held Ruu'Eva close to her chest. Even he seemed to be glaring at his dad, and it did not escape Din's notice that despite him being Ruu'Eva's original caretaker, the child now seemed to side with his mom on everything, despite being nonverbal.

"Yes?" he breathed out the question tentatively, and Imogen's glare intensified.

"Two days," she muttered, and the way her voice switched from hysterical to a deadly low furious tone admittedly scared Din.

"I-"

"Does your commlink still work?" she cut him off, and Din sighed, nodding. "You said two days,"

"I'm sorry, cyar'ika," he sighed, arms extending as he walked towards his aliit, just wanting to embrace them after the possibly longest three weeks of his life. Imogen caved, her icy glare melting slightly as she practically collapsed into his arms. Din was quick to wrap her in his embrace, pulling his child and partner as close to him as possible.

"You said two days," Imogen repeated, voice cracking slightly as the tears began to come.

"I know," was all he could say in response, pulling her over to her cot so she could sit in his lap.

The truth was that Din had unfortunately needed to enlist the help of a local group to capture the quarry, and they weren't the most savory of characters. He had wanted to contact Imogen and let her know he would be longer than expected, but he didn't want anyone in the shady group to know of his little family. It was too risky.

After all this had been explained to Imogen and Din had removed his armor, it was time to put Ruu'Eva to sleep. The child didn't protest at all, the emotional excitement of the last hour or two having been enough to wear him down. The two retired to Din's quarters behind the cockpit after putting Ruu'Eva down, and Din let Imogen change into sleeping clothes before turning off the lights and plunging the room into total darkness so he could take his helmet off.

He practically ripped the beskar off his head, quickly followed by his shirt as he crossed the room to their cot. The lights hadn't been off for more than thirty seconds before Din's lips were against his partner's like he was a man starved. Imogen let out a gasp at the sudden contact, but melted into it with a pleasured little sigh after a moment.

"I missed you so much, cyare," he breathed when they pulled away, Imogen's lips trailing the stubble on his jaw to the hollow of his throat. They adjusted so that Imogen was once again in his lap, and his hand rose to stroke through her hair, tangling into it at the nape of her neck and tugging a bit, getting a soft mewl in response. His other hand drifted from its place tenderly cupping her jaw to brush over her front and grab at the hem of her nightshirt, which was really little more than an oversized piece of cloth that hung loosely over her figure. "Can I?" he asked, fingers tugging on it, and Imogen nodded. Din growled a bit, tugging at her hair again causing her to release a whimper. "Words, cyare,"

"Yes, Din," Imogen breathed against his neck, thighs clenching.

This was the furthest they had gotten, clothes had never really come off, but it was a long time coming. Din had been keeping a list in his head of everything he noticed, what he would say or do that would make her thighs clench or make her let out little whimpers, determined to make the night as pleasurable as possible for her. They had spoken, briefly, about their experience, and Din was surprised to find that she had even less experience sexually than he did.