The Foundation

An entity, who we'll call "Steve" for the sake of convenience (and yes, with male gender pronouns to accompany the name), popped into existence in a strange world. Completely white, and seemingly infinite in all directions, the only thing in sight was a pile of ten tiny blue spheres. There was also a digital clock next to the coins that read "00:00" at the moment, and a notebook and pen that could both be used infinitely. 

Steve used this notebook to keep track of what happened in this world, and write down the best strategies to do... Something.

He then racked his mind for a minute, trying to remember even a single thing from before. Since he was conscious right from the start of his own life, it was completely understandable that he would try to do this. Of course, coming up blank even after a long while, he gave up on the matter and walked towards the spheres.

As he continued, he noticed that he felt space warping around him. A strange phenomenon, to be sure, especially accompanied with the weird optics that made him realize that he was suddenly much closer to the spheres than if he had been continuing at the same speed without a space-warp.

He picked up the spheres. They didn't really feel like anything, instead giving off a vague sensation of warmth. A small box appeared just outside of the space bubble, and carrying the spheres to the box, Steve found that it read "Buy First Dimension | Cost: 10 Particles". He did notice a space seemingly meant to put the mysteriously named "particles" inside, so that's exactly what he did.