When you smile [Oneshot]

"Watch out!" Tommy yelled as he yanked Tubbo by the arm.

They had been strolling the sidewalk and had reached the ends where elevated cement met with the gravel of the street. Tubbo was about to keep walking on, not noticing a car clearly speeding it's way towards them.

Luckily, Tommy noticed first and pulled his friend to stay put with him. It was a small and subtle moment, honestly nothing serious would've happened. Surely Tubbo would've caught his mistake when he'd notice that Tommy had stopped walking.

But still, it upset his blonde friend.

"You're such an idiot, you could've gotten hit y'know!", Tommy scolded him, but Tubbo only smiled.

"Yea, I guess so, thanks Tommy!", Tubbo looked at his angered friend, himself having only a cheeky smile plastered on his face before they started walking again when the cross-light came on. Tommy looked away from Tubbo's dumb smile, it only gave him an uncomfortable feeling. A feeling Tommy didn't like.

It was a new day now, Tommy was suppose to meet with Tubbo and a few other friends at a nearby park. As usual, Tommy was the last to arrive and had spotted the group he was meant to meet before walking over.

Tubbo and a mutual friend of the both of them had been chatting and sitting under a tree. Tommy was walking in a direction that happen to be coming up from behind them and Tommy was at a close enough distance to where he could hear their chatter.

"It doesn't hurt that much anymore, just don't tell Tommy," Tubbo said and Tommy had heard him.

'What are they talking about?' Tommy thought to himself, slowing down his pace.

He knew it wasn't respectful to easdrop, especially on his best friend - but then again, when has Tommy ever cared about being respectful.

"Why not?", the mutual friend asked.

"I just don't want him to worry, that's all-," Tubbo explained before he was cut off by a familiar voice. Tommy had walked up to the two now, his face seemed blunt as he looked at Tubbo with observing eyes.

"Worry about what? What did you- ", Tommy asked before he spotted Tubbos bandaged knee, which Tubbo was currently attempting to had as he rolled his pant-leg back down, stopping mid-sentence.

"It's really not that big of a deal, I was just riding my bike last night and a squirrel ran out of a bush all of a sudden and scared me, so I fell," Tubbo explained with his usual idiot smile still on his face.

Tommy gulped, trying not to overreact again as he usually did and didn't want to make Tubbo feel bad. Besides, there's  really no rational reason for Tommy to be upset, its not like he's responsible for what Tubbo does.

"Well, are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yea, the squirrels fine."

Nevermind. Rational or not, Tommy was beyond annoyed now.

"I meant YOU, Tubbo, are YOU okay? Oh Christ, you can be such a dumbass, you're too soft for your own damn good, y'know that? And didn't I tell you to be careful?", Tommy snapped at him, scolding him like he was a toddler incapable of taking care of himself.

To anyone else this would feel demeaning and harsh, but Tubbo knew that wasn't what this was. He knew that this was just the way Tommy was, it was the only way Tommy knew how to show concern.

"Woah, don't you think you're being a little too harsh on Tubb-," their mutual friend spoke out in protest but was cut off by Tubbo who only laughed out sheepishly.

"Yea, I guess I am kinda dumb sometimes, huh?", Tubbo laughed it off, smiling at his blonde best friend again.

His smile gave Tommy that same unfamiliar feeling, but this time with a tinge of guilt. Even if  Tommy felt bad, he wasn't the type of person to apologize and Tubbo knew that. But it was fine with him.