1.

Vijya POV.

"You are good for nothing." My science teacher said and everyone in my class started laughing.

I looked down and curled my toes in shame. My hands started sweating in anticipation.

"Get out from my class. Duffer girl."

Again the laughter.

Tears pooled in my eyes but I didn't looked up and still staring at the floor, I walked out of class and stood outside.

Shame. Shame. Shame. This is the only thing I was feeling.

Some girls from other class giggled seeing me, "again, this girl is an idiot."

I heard them calling me idiot daily.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Vijya is stupid.

These are the words I hear daily in school. I hate school and my teachers. Especially my science and maths teacher. Sometime I wish I never had change my school in 6th std.

My previous school was so good. But it was a hindi medium school and my father wanted me to be in an English medium school, so here I am.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked down again and waited.

Waited for the slot to be over and finally the bell ring.

Mrs. Lalita came out from class and made a face seeing me, "duffer." She mumbled looking at me and walked away.

When I entered inside everyone started laughing again. I didn't paid attention to them and went to my bench And sat down.

I have 6 other girls in my class. They all sat in pair and I am the only one who sit alone. And am glad for it, I like to sit alone because I don't have to hear laughing.

After the school is over, I went to the school bus. Sat on the seat and looked outside the window. I don't know what to think and feel. I feel blank and meaning less.

When I reached home mom smiled at me "what happen vijya."

"Nothing maa, I just want to rest for sometime."

She gave a lemonade and smiled "do that."

When mom left I took a shower and cried my heart out.

Idiot.
Failure.
Stupid.
Duffer.

These are the only words I hear.

I gulped and wiped my tears. Am I really a failure.

And my heart say "No"

You are not a failure vijya.
You Don't have to listen to these people.
They are just temporary in your life.
You are in 8th std. You only have 2 more years to study here and let them think what they think at the end of the day it's what your parents think about you matters, and not your classmates. I told myself that and went to my school bag.

I opened it and pulled the science book from it.

"You think I can't learn you. You are wrong. Vijya is not a failure. I won't give up. Not till I learn you. My main aim is final exam and I will pass in them." I promised myself and opened the book.

Started reading the first chapter.
I didn't understand it. Some word I really don't know so I picked the dictionary and searched their meaning. But still I was not able to understand. I read it again.

Still it was not clear...but I was able to understand something. And finally after 3 times reading the chapter. I was able to understand.

** I am not a failure. I can do anything I want. What people will say about me and what they are saying it doesn't Matter. I am my own hero and I will be strong whole my life. I will have everything I want. If one thing is not working that's alright. I can try something else,something new....

I have options. Giving up is not the solution. Fighting is.