prolouge

Grief is the anguish that a person will experience after a significant loss like the death of a beloved person. Grief is deep sadness caused especially by someone's death. Grief is a multifaceted response to loss, particularly to the loss of someone or something that has died, to which a bond or affection was formed.

Grief is finally getting that matching tattoo that Mikey wanted.

You guys are grieving, and so am I. So are Calum and Ashton. I know you guys miss us. I know you want us to keep uploading videos.

And believe me, we've tried. We have tried so many goddamn times that it breaks my heart. We want to start up again, but it's so hard without our fourth. It's hard to say for me to say "Hi!" It's hard for Ashton to say "Hey!" and it's hard for Calum to say "Is it 'Hi' or 'Hey'?" without Mikey solving with his "It's 'Hi' or 'Hey' ". It's hard for me to upload videos to 'MikeyandLuke' without the first half.

Guys, I don't have an answer. I'm sorry.

It's hard for me to see the sunset, it's hard for me to listen to '21 Guns' by Greenday, it's hard for me to drink whiskey without thinking about Mikey.

I want to be there for you, but I need to be there for myself.

The cursor blinks at Luke as the mouse hovers over the publish button. He wants to put something out there for his fans. He wants to connect with them, but it's so goddamned hard.

After Michael passed all of their YouTube Channels, 5SOS, MikeyandLuke, and AshyandCalum just kind of stopped. They haven't posted since a week before Michael's death. They have tried, but filming anything without Michael is too hard for the trio. They try to connect with the fans all they can, but it's hard.

Michael is gone, but they have to push on.

Luke presses publish and then pulls out his phone. His twitter notifications increase not seconds after the blog post is posted. He goes on Michael's twitter and looks at the last thing he posted. It is a selfie that they took forever ago in America. They were at VidCon.

He tweeted the picture, tagged their joint twitter account, @MikeyandLuke , and put the hastags #mikeyandluke #vidcon #twinningwithred. He saves the picture, then tweets it again. Then he tweets Michael even though he know he will never read it, and the fans will go crazy.

@Luke5s0s
I miss you :( @Michael5SOS