I

A warm summer breeze blew through the window as I sat up, remembering about school. I hear my family shuffle about downstairs below my loft bedroom. "Piper?" I squeak as I see a figure appear in my doorway. "Nope it's Chrissy.", the figure says, the sound of her footsteps near until I feel her flop onto my bed. "Please don't." I whine, whenever I ask her something, she refers to herself as 'Chrissy', When I was younger I couldn't pronounce the name 'Christine'. "I always will!" She exclaims as she hops off of my bed. I hear her start to dig in my mostly empty closet. "Christine. I can pick my own outfit." I whine as I sit up, rubbing my eyes, she turns to me, giving me a toothy smile. "But you wear a uniform." "Touché." I give in, sliding off my bed I see her leave.

Black knee length skirt, black long sleeved shirt, white sweater, white Mary Janes.

Of course she'd pick that for me. She knows I used to dress like that. I look up at the cross hanging on my wall and frown. We go to a religious school for the Meriams, our religion. My parents are quite partial to it. I see the school symbol sewn into my shirt, a crow with two arrows crossed behind it. It's stupid.

I quickly dress and make my way downstairs, where the smell of fried eggs meets my nose, I hate eggs. "Piper how many times must I tell you?! No piercings are allowed at school! Or hats, or-" there is a large gasp, "is that a tattoo?!" My mother screeches at my other sister. "Yes mother it is if you must know! And guess what it is? A dead crow!" My mother gasps again, highly offended. The crow is the symbol of the Meriams, kind of like a holy animal. "You will get it removed young lady!" I hear my father snarl from behind me, "And how dare you call her mother! You must call her by her name Piper!" My father screeched, maybe I can cool them off. "Carol, may I have something other than this breakfast you have prepared for our unworthiness?" I try, "Why of course Mia, thank you for politeness. If only your twin sister Piper could be this way." Well that worked. "Sweet innocent Mia, when will you learn?" Piper laughs, "Dear sister Piper, I do remember when you loved fairy tales." I tell her, but she laughs once more, "Yeah but I was cheering for Maleficent and The Evil Queen all along sissy!" She says with a wink.

"Christine, when you were in your eighth year did you learn about the silver war in 1944?" "Yes Mia we did, and the information helps a lot for you are in your Eleventh year like I." She tells me, my little brother squeezes my hand as we stop in front of the grey brick building. "Adam, copy after us." Christine's turn. "Sir, my name is Christine Carver, eleventh year, Mistress Serapina." The guard takes a syringe and drawls blood and puts it in her marked box, "You may pass." He tells her as she steps through the vanishing glass. "Sir, my name is Mia Carver, eighth year, Mistress Oliva." I tell him, he grabs another syringe and does the same, I step through the glass and wait for my brother. "The name's piper and I'm an eighth year like Mia and I have crabby old Mistress Oliva too." The guard looks at her with cold fury, he grabs a pocket knife and slices down her arm as a punishment, "try again." He snarls, Through gritted teeth she says it again. "Sir, my name is Piper Carver, eighth year, Mistress Oliva." He takes the syringe and puts it in her box, "You may pass." Now it's Adam's turn. "Sir, my name is Adam Carver, third year, Mistress Courier." The guard takes the syringe and drawls blood, putting it into his empty box. "You may pass." Adam sighs with relief as I walk him to class. It's Adams first year in the Mistress hall, from now on until he is done with schooling, he will get blood drawn, sharp ruler slaps, cold stares, scolding, and fire burns from the mistresses. From now on, he is one of us. No naps, and nice teachers, and art projects. Just plain torture which they tell us is for the greater good. "Adam, be a good boy. Your in Mistress hall now, you must be polite, seen, and not heard. Please Adam." I beg, he hugs me and walks in his classroom.

Let the torture begin.

***

"Who is able to provide information about General Mistie?" My vulture of a teacher snaps, her ruler at the ready, she looks straight at Piper. "Carver! You provide your proof of learning!" She yells, but Piper smiles. "Well, General Mistie was a worthless lump who was a control freak and claims she fought in the silver war meanwhile she actually sat at home, nice and safe while us belows did the work." Piper finishes, putting her feet up on her brick desk. "Wrong Carver! And do you know what that means?" Mistress Oliva smiles, pulling out a large lighter. "Carver stand up and come to the front! Your fellow eighth year belows would like to witness what happens when you are wrong and speak in your disrespectful manner." She snarls, Piper swaggers over and stands on the stage. "This is what happens in my room." Oliva says before she lights Piper on fire, while we sit here like lumps, not doing a thing. Piper like the belows in the silver war and us like General Mistie.

GUYS THIS IS SO CRAPPY IM CRAFTING. I HAVENT BEEN ON THIS ACCOUNT IN A YEAR AND OMFG I CAN SEE WHY. I HAVE A NEW ACCOUNT!(zodiachowell) wen I accidentally logged out of my account, I was like, why not go into my old account, so I did, I changed my username to kawaiiphan- and decided to publish this crappy story I wrote when I was like 10/11. I think there is more this is so cringe worthy I'm sorry.

-Dan (yeah that's right, I'm Trans)