Miss Destiny Rose

"Don't do this to yourself Destiny. It's wrong. You know that. Stop letting him get under your skin. Stop. You are strong. You are independent. You are morally-upstanding."

I repeated that mantra as I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My cheeks were still burning a bright red. I shifted, and felt the wetness in my core. "Goddammit." I slapped the counter as hard as I could, hoping to calm my nerves. "Don't. Give. In." I chastised my reflection before splashing cold water onto my burning cheeks.

When I returned to my desk, I noticed a hot cup of tea waiting for me, along with a folded note and a single rose. The rose was still fresh when I sniffed it. I opened the note and read it,

I crumpled the note and threw it into the wastebin under my desk

I crumpled the note and threw it into the wastebin under my desk. As if a note would fix the mess we made. Bastard.

The elevator doors ringed open, to which I immediately stood up and bowed to greet the guest. It was him, in his tailored blue suit, printed shirt, and the pale blue silk tie I bought him. Bastard. I wanted to stare him done, but I needed to be professional, that and there was a group of excecutives behind him. I bowed to greet them all again as he guided them to his office. I moved quickly to fetch refreshments for the executives.

I walked into the large grey and black office that over looked all of Manila, a netbook and refreshments in hand. After serving all the guest, minus the Bastard, I took my seat to the right of him.

"We need to get a hold on the situation with Moretti Industries."

"It's getting worse, if we hold on any longer, Antonioni Conglomerates will be pulled through the mud as well."

"President Antonioni, we understand it's your wife's family, but we need to reason with the business side first."

"You don't need to chastise me, Miss Bethilda, I understand the severity of the situation. Destiny."

He turned everyone's attention to me. Fucking bastard. I turned my best not to give him a worst glare, but the best I could manage was a tight smile.

"What do you think?" He grinned at me.

"I really don't think my opinion will be of any consequence."

"Nonsense girl," one of the directors, Mister Armani Vitto smiled at me, "You're an asset to this company, how you handled the Lee dilemmna proved so."

I heard the rest of the directors hum their agreements.

"Well..." I didn't know where to start, "The Moretti case...it's a bit sensitive seeing as President Moretti is President Antonioni's father-in-law,"

I saw the bastard wince,

"But all personal feelings aside, the best solution, from my inexperienced viewpoint, would be to cut a percentage of the financial backing under the guise of the recession's afermath. Pull out a percentage of the stocks the company has and sell them to the highest bidder. That way, we wouldn't necessarily be turning our back on them, salvaging President Antonioni's relationship with his wife's family. And if Moretti manages to recurrect the company in the near future, we would still be profitting, without the financial suicide staying with them now would entitle."