Heather

The song for this story is called Heather by Conan Gray. I got the story idea from this animation that is not mine!! I've added some things to the storyline. The characters that I used are from The maze Runner, Thomas, and Newt. I ended up loving the ship they have.

Thomas and I were hanging out in his room while it was on the third of December. I was getting bored scrolling through my phone, so I decided to go through Thomas's clothes. I found a pale blue polyester sweater.

I pulled it over my head and walked over to his mirror, that was hanging on the back of his closet door. I giggled softly at the sleeves going past my hands. I heard a deep chuckle behind me. I blushed softly knowing who's it belongs to.

"It looks better on you than it does on me."

I looked away hiding my red face from him. I took his sweater off and placed it on his computer chair.

I told Thomas that I have to go and I would see him tomorrow at school. I left his house wishing on only if he knew how much I like him.

The next day I walked into school hearing students talk about a new girl that attained today. I walk over to my locker and smile seeing Thomas next to my locker.

"Hey Thomas."

I greeted him as I open my locker to get ready for the day.

"Hey Newt."

He greeted back.

We started talking about the meet that he has today after school, he's the captain of the track team.

I looked up at him about to ask him a question till I saw his eyes fixated on a girl that I've never seen around before.

This must be the new girl everyone was talking about.

The girl must have noticed Thomas stearing at her. She smiles at him and gave him a small wave. Thomas blushed and waved back at her.

I felt this feeling in the pit of my stomach, I was envious. Envious of the new girl being able to take his attention that I have been trying to catch.

I slammed my locker closed, causing Thomas to jump out of his skin. I made my way to my first class. Luckily I don't have this class with Thomas.

I sat at the desk that was next to the window. I rest my head against the desk and looked out the window, thinking over everything.

I sat in the cafeteria surround by Thomas and my friends, Thomas sat across from me. I had my chin resting against the table. I didn't go up to get food because I wasn't hungry.

Thomas being the good friend he is notice I didn't have a tray in front of me. He pushed his apple towards me. I smiled at the small gesture and sat up. I grab the apple about to take a bite from the apple till Heather, the new girl came over to our table.

The look that gave each other as they talked was sickening to me. Why? Why can't he just look at me like the way he looks at her, with that memorize look.

I was snapped out of my thoughts on why he would never kiss me, I wasn't half as pretty as heather when Thomas asked her to with him to the meet he has tonight, he never asked me.

I lower my head allowing my dirty blond hair to cover my dark brown eyes. Tears started to fall down my cheeks.

"Newt, are you okay?"

I heard Minho asked me, Thomas, second in command.

As he asked the bell rang. I quickly got up and ran out of the cafeteria, leaving my friends confused.