Sick

Requested by: @GrahamCrackerEG12

As Jimmy ran out onto the field with the rest of the team, he looked to the bleachers. And as always, his girlfriend of 2 years was in her regular seat, with his jersey on. She waved at him as he smiled and winked at her.

Before kickoff, he went near where she was sitting, immediately getting on top of one of the coolers as she bent down to reach him and kiss him. That was their pre-game ritual, from the moment that they had become official.

"Good luck out there, J." She told him, smiling.

"With you here, I'll have all the luck I need."

The game was going good so far, with the 49ers up fourteen to nothing. It was during the middle of the second quarter when Jimmy started to feel some discomfort in his stomach, but shook it off. Maybe he had gotten hit, he thought, it shouldn't be anything big.

Bridget hadn't noticed anything wrong because Jimmy was playing completely fine. He made sure not to show any signs of pain or discomfort because he knew how she constantly worried.

It was close to the end of the game, the 49ers with a clear path to victory, when the discomfort began to increase and a wave of nausea had washed over jimmy. Their defense was on the field now, so he was resting. But he winced when he felt nauseas and tried as best as he could to just hold it down.

Bridget had noticed the wince because she would always focus on him every once in a while just to make sure he was okay. She wasn't always to fidgety and nervous when he would be playing but after his ACL injury last season, she would always be on edge in regards to his health.

"Baby, I'm fine." Jimmy told her as the entered their home.

"I saw you wince, J."

"I was just sore from the game, that's all." He didn't want to tell her that he felt like he was going to throw up any instant.

She sighed as she looked at him. "You're face looks pale, Jimmy. Are you sure you're not sick or something?"

"I'm sure." He replied, because he thought it was just something that would pass.

It wasn't until the middle of the night when Bridget woke up to an empty bed and a dimly lit bathroom.

"Jimmy?" She called out. She had gotten a groan back in response, which was enough for her to immediately get out of bed and go straight to the bathroom.

And there Jimmy was, slouched on the ground with his face in his hands.

"Hey, what's going on?" She said as she crouched down next to him.

"Just a bit nauseous." He whispered.

Bridget furrowed her eyebrows as she saw how much more pale his face looked compared to the afternoon. She put her hand to his head and her eyes grew wide. "Jimmy! You're burning up!"

She got up and grabbed the thermometer from their medicine cabinet in the bathroom and took his temperature. "Gosh, 101. Jimmy, what's hurting exactly?"

"My stomach."

Bridget sighed as she helped him get up and turned the faucet on so she could wash his face, hoping he'll cool down a bit. "You may have gotten a stomach bug or something." He groaned as she helped him to bed. "I'm going to get you some Tylenol for the fever and see if we have anything that can soothe your stomach."

She went to the kitchen and quickly started to prepare soup, moving as fast as she could. It was 15 minutes later when she walked into the room, setting the tray on the bedside table.

"Okay, we're going to start on some soup and then take the medicine so we don't upset your stomach even more. Now, open up."

"Baby, you don't need to do this. Go to sleep and I'll eat the soup."

"I'm not going to sleep while you have a fever and are in pain."

"You have work tomorrow, B." Jimmy tried to reason with her.

"I don't care. I'll call off. You're more important."

"Baby—"

"Stop trying to argue and open your mouth, come on."

He sighed as he followed her orders. After they were finished, she set a small bottle of ginger ale next to him and got into her side of the bed.

"I love you, y'know that?" He said as he looked at her.

She smiled. "I love you too."

"Thank you for taking care of me."

"You don't need to thank me. You're my boyfriend, Jimmy. I hate it when you're sick and in pain."

"I'm already feeling better."

Even though Jimmy tried to reason with her that he's better, she wasn't able to sleep. He fell asleep as soon as the discomfort in his stomach had reduced. Bridget kept on checking his temperature throughout the night, unable to close her eyes.

It was morning when she had no control over her body anymore and fell asleep without realizing it. She was asleep for about an hour when she slowly woke up, then her eyes shot open, quickly looking to her side.

Her heart started to beat faster as she found the bed empty, immediately getting up and looking in their bathroom. It was also empty.

Bridget ran out of the room and came to a stop when she saw Jimmy in their kitchen, making pancakes.

"What are you doing out of bed?!" She scolded him.

"Well good morning to you too, baby." He joked.

She gave him a stern look as she folded her arms across her chest. "You're sick, Jimmy. Why are you out of bed? And why didn't you wake me up when you found me asleep?!"

"Baby, I'm feeling better, I promise. And besides, you were up all night taking care of me, I thought I'd take care of you, too."

She sighed as she walked towards him, wrapping her arms around his torso. "I got worried when I saw an empty bed."

He kissed the top of her head. "I promise you I'm feeling much better, thanks to you. It was probably just a 24 hour thing and passed."

"But we should still go to the doctor's office—"

"I'm okay now. It's useless going to the doctor's office."

She knew he wasn't going to budge. "Fine. You look better, anyways. Your face regained it's color."

He chuckled. "I love you."

"Mhm." She mumbled. "I'm going to eat some pancakes and go back to bed. Love you too, by the way."