End of the war

After the war ended and avatar Aang defeated fire lord Ozai,Zuko was the one who should sit on the throne. Everyone had hope in Zuko of course, including himself.

Zuko was standing on the balcony of the fire nation Palace, looking at all the people from across the world waiting for the new fire lord to come out and tell them how the new era of peace and harmony between all the nations is about to start. He was nervous but still proud and happy. He didn't know what is gonna happen with him being a fire lord, or how to lead a whole fire nation but he was still relaxed because he didn't have to think about Azula jumping from around the corner and killing him, or Ozai finding him and taking the avatar.

He was all in his thoughts and then suddenly he hears a knock on the door, he stops day dreaming and looks behind him. Its Mai! He totally forgot how he left her while he was still in love with her to help the avatar. He froze   and panicked. What is going to happen? Is she gonna slap him, push him, kiss him, hug him or call him a jerk and leave him forever? Mai came up to him, looked him up and down and then dead in the eyes and smiled. Zuko suddenly felt a rock fall of his heart and he smiled too. They hugged and Zukko just said "I'm sorry Mai", even tho she was mad and stressed and cold blooded she still knew that if he didn't leave her to help the avatar, Ozai would still be on the throne.

-im sorry if i overreacted about you leaving me, i know helping the world is way way more important

-no Mai, i am sorry, I should've taken you with me, i just didnt know if you would be on my side

-Zuko, i will always be on your side dont worry

They were in that hug for a such a long time, it just didnt felt right to stop hugging...

"Fire lord Zuko" said the guard who just bursted into the room, Mai and Zukko flinched since they got scared like that.

-"Im very sorry to interrupt but the people are waiting for you" said the guard

Zuko and Mai laughed it off and Zuko said "yeah sorry, i will be there in a minute". Guard left the room and Mai and Zuko looked at each other and smiled. They were finally happy again.
They left the room together and Zuko was about to have his speach.

-"Good luck out there Fire Lord Zuko" said Mai and laughed

-"thank you ma'am" said Zuko and laughed back

Zuko left to have his speach as the New fire lord while Mai was looking at him happier then ever...

*so hi guys thanks for reading this part if u even read it, it didnt take much time but im still proud of it, its just a beginning so sorry if its a bit boring, please give me some ideas if u have them on how should i keep my story going :°)*