Chapter One - Lewis or Janus?

TW: Self harm mentions, drunken parents, abuse, talk of drugs

(I would reccomend reading the DESC of this book- Lewis is Janus.)

Lewis yawned, hearing his alarm ring. Wow, he made it to Junior year. Shocker. Lewis got up after 10 minutes and brushed his hair and put on a black TØP tee and a yellow jacket, he sighs at the look of his scares. Disgusting. 3 months clean though, that's something. Lewis looked at himself in the mirror, he had tried to cover the.. spots up with foundation but he never succeeded. Lewis put some concealer under his eyes because he has deep circles.

Lewis got up and put some socks and his yellow and black converse on. Lewis checked his phone,

green apple: Hey bee! you almost ready?

yes. almost out the door. be there in
10.

green apple: ighty

Lewis smiled at the nickname "Bee." Remus gave him 3 nicknames. JJ, Bee, and Dee(Dee), thought he rarely uses JJ anymore unless they're alone. Dee originated from Bee but from an autocorrect error. "Janus! Let's go!" He heard his dad yell, "Uh, yeah! Coming." Lewis ran down the stairs and grabbed some snacks.

"Want me to drive you to schoo-" "No." Lewis cut him off, grabbed his beanie from the counter and was about to run out the door. His dad looked at him, "What are you up to, Jan?" His dad blocked the front door, Lewis could smell the wretched smell of Bud alcohol, "I-I was just gonna meet up with a frie-" His dad flicked his ear, "That Roman dude? I-" "Remus." "I dont like him, and I dont believe you. You kids these days, you might as well be doing molly."

"Dad, I never touched a drug before. Neither has he. He's a good kid." Lewis told him, "Nonsense. I know you're just like Troy." Lewis sighed. Troy is Lewis's uncle whose been to prison multiple times. All related to drugs. "I'm not-" He scoffed, "Janus. I know you're a no good kid. I know you've been doing drugs. I've found this baggie in your pants drawer." His dad dug into his pocket, fumbling a little, seeming as though he may pass out.

His dad took out a small baggie that had some white powder in it. "Dad I-" His dad pushed him back, which caused him to fall, "No son of mine will be a druggie! This is cocaine yeah?" He yelled, "Dad it's just powder from a muffin that my school serves. They're tiny white muffins. Covered in powder sugar. We get them once every 3 months.. I swea-" Lewis said, trying to get up, which his dad kicked his stomach, "Do you think I'm stupid?! Janus! I'm not an idiot! God, you're going to end up like Troy!" His dad yelled, kicking Lewis a little, not like full blown kicks but like tapping kicks that still hurt.

Lewis, keeping in his tears, "Dad, I haven't even been acting strange! Besides, why were you in my drawers?" Lewis asked, voice cracking. "Because I'm your parent. You have no privacy while you're under MY roof. And don't talk back to me mister, or you might as well kiss your door goodbye." His dad glared, kicking him once more before walking off to his room.

Lewis sighed, he wiped his eyes and stood up. He grabbed his phone, he had messages from Remus. He sighed and left. He somehow couldn't stop crying, he was trying to before he saw Remus but the park they met at, he was there and he saw.

"Yo Dee, you okay?" Remus asked him, "Uh- Yeah. Nothing serious." Lewis wiped the last few tears and kept the others inside, "That's bullcrap, and you know it. I'm not much of a comforter but I do like to know what made you cry." Remus told him, "Ah- nothing. I just hit my head, bad, on the way out of my house." He lied, Remus nodded, "Okay, damn I thought something juicy happened."