Happier

Reaper looked down on the sleeping body of his lover, having been sitting on the edge of the bed and just thinking..

He thought hard and long about what he'd needed...having nightmares hand in his lap, rubbing his darling night light's hand gently with his thumb

"lately... Lately I've been thinking.. I want you to be happier..." he muttered in a coarse and shaky voice as he stared at what he found to be the most important face he'd ever seen... The cyan sharp eye.. The smile he'd grown to live over the years.. The surprisingly squishy cheeks he loved to squish..

"every argument, every word we cant take back..cus with all that has happen I think we both know the way this story ends, nighty..." he wiped his eye with the back of his wrist with deep blue tears threatening to wet his pure white cheeks

"only for a minute.. Just for a second I want to change my mind.. Because this just don't feel right to me...I wanna raise your spirits... I want to see you smile... But know that means I'll have to leave you" he croaked out, his voice shaking like a leaf in a summer storm as he stroked his lovers cheek with his thumb, taking in his sharp features as best as he could, the features he thought so highly of.

"so I'll go... Ill go...even though I might not like this.. I know that you'll be happier hun.." he stood up quietly, making his way to the bed stand that held their picture of them together, smiling and happy... As if nothing would ever bother them in each other's arms..

"when the evening falls and I'm left there with my thoughts... The image of you being with someone else is eating me up inside... But we all run out course.. And we pretend we are okay....i don't want that.." he popped a pill into his mouth that he'd asked Sci to make him a few days prior to this moment now

After a few more moments of staring at the picture he wiped his tears again and began to climb back into bed with his sleeping handsome skeletal husband...he held him close, kissing his nose as he closed his eyes and smiled... For the very last time..