Milkshakes & French Fries

🔆👽🔆
Aang scrambled behind the serving counter, he had just opened and there was already a steady flow of people. Sunny's diner was known for making each holiday unique. Now know that today was nothing special, in fact most people didn't know when exactly the holiday was. Today was the one and only St. Patrick's day. An excuse to wear all the green clothing you owned and get drunk with your local gingers. Of course Aang disliked getting drunk, but that didn't mean he disliked St. Patrick's day. In fact he absolutely loved the holiday, and he wanted everyone else to love the holiday. 

Well, at least he wanted them to love his special St. Patrick's day milkshakes. 

It had taken forever to convince Mr Sunny to let him flavor and dye all the milkshakes they make that day. Usually Mr Sunny was very open to Aang's ideas, but he was still wary after the time Aang had asked him if they could dress up a bunch of baby dolls like cupid and hang them from the ceiling. And Aang admits that wasn't his greatest idea. That day he had been particularly keen on making their Valentine decorations like no other. Mr Sunny unfortunately didn't understand Aang's genius and almost sent him to a therapy session. 

Not to worry though, they had ended up cutting out paper hearts and hanging them up instead. 

This St. Patrick's day he was determined to at least do some things right and not petrify his manager. So Aang was left with his green milkshakes and called it good enough. 

"Aang!" Katara called from the door waving, following her was her brother Sokka. Aang grinned at them, and put down the straws he was just about to replace. 

"I'll be over there in a second just let me finish this!" he called back, kneeling so he could find the right sugar packets under the counter. And when he finally got them all sorted out, he went to replace the straws at the serving counter which was their most popular seating option. Thankfully Aang wasn't in charge of taking orders there, that was Mickey's job today. Aang would do that tomorrow. 

Mickey was a sleep deprived college student, with curly blue hair and freckles that seemed to disappear and reappear the next day. No one knew what his real hair color was, he dyed it so much that Aang suspected Mickey didn't know either. He was currently taking Mr Jone's order, as Aang passed him replacing the straws in their holders. 

"Watch it," Mickey mumbled angrily scribbling down Mr Jone's order. Aang took a glance at the pad and saw that it was more than three quantities long. 

"Sorry," Aang muttered, moving past the grumpy teen/adult. It depended on the day whether Mickey was considered an adult or teenager. 

Aang slinked through the service flap in the middle of the service counter and towards his friends. "So what's it this time?" Sokka asked, his head resting on his hand. Noticeable bags were hanging under his eyes and he seemed to be more asleep than awake. Aang knew the feeling well. Katara on the other hand was perfect as usual (no I'm not making her a jealous bitch in this, and no Aang was never in a relationship with her), she had recently chopped off her hair so it hung just above her shoulders. Her blue eyes scanned the menu although Aang was sure she already had it memorized. 

"Mint green milkshakes, and the option of adding oreo crumble." Aang answered shrugging. It definitely wasn't his best work, but he had a feeling Mr Sunny was still coming out of shock from his baby doll idea. So to make up for it he donned a bright green apron with sparkly shamrocks. He had been meaning to get his ears pierced, but since he never had the guts nor money too he couldn't have borrowed his Mum's shamrock earrings. His arrow tattoos were already a lot, so he suppose pierced ears would be the icing on the cake. 

"Really? I thought you would've gone all out like you did last year." 

"Nah, neither me or Mickey wanted to clean up the glitter like last time."