Chapter 1: Waking up

'Ow, what the hell happened, and why can't I open my eyes.' A newborn was thinking, and then he heard it. The cry of a child, no, not only just a child, a newborn baby.
'Oi, shut the hell up! Wait, why can't I say anything?! Don't tell me!' Now it figured it out, it reincarnated. 

--Merlin's POV--

I was walking down the road to the nearest village, when I happened upon a destroyed carriage, not any destroyed carriage, but one that was attacked and destroyed by what might have been destroyed by a demon.

As I was walking down to help the wounded and bury the dead, I heard a baby's cry. When I reached the carriage, and moved some wood, I've seen them. Two baby's, one crying, the other not moving and looking dead. So, I went to check on the baby that was crying, and upon looking at it, it was male, and looked like he had dirt in his eyes. As I cleaned the dirt out, out of the corner of my eye, I've seen something move, and looking closer it was the other child.

And getting closer to the child, I could see it, the hate, t-the I can't even think of what I saw, but it frightens me, no not it, the child, that baby frightened me. I've killed thousands of demons, but the eyes of this child, that scared me.

--Hajime's POV--

Just as I figured out how to open my eyes, I've seen a old man carrying a small child, so, I looked at him coldly, and he actually looked away! To say I was shocked is an understatement.

He wasn't looking at me, when he picked me up, and that was when I realized, I didn't just reincarnate, but I reincarnated as a newborn. That was how I first met my 'brother' and 'grandfather'.

--Shin's POV--

I was shocked when I woke up, first I couldn't see, then I felt being picked up.
And then my eyes being cleared out, and I see that we are moving to what looks like another child.

As we move closer, I look at the eyes, and yes, I may have cried. So what, there is no shame, after all I'm a newborn now.