Prologue

(MARCUS)

"Excellent work, Marcus. Once again you have proven why you are number one."

"Thank you, Sir."

"Now, here's your next assignment." She scoots a folder across the large mahogany desk. I pick up the folder opening it up to see a wallet sized photo paper clipped to the first pages top left hand corner. "His name is Nathan Covington, he is eighteen, lives on his own, goes to school, and works at a diner named Drive."

"Parents?" I ask looking at the blonde haired, sky blue eyed boy in the picture then up at her.

"His father died in a car accident three years ago and his mom died four months ago during a mugging."

"Interesting. And why do they want him dead?"

"Your job is to assassinate, Marcus. Not ask questions."

"You are right." I read through the material in the folder (three pages worth, not an impressive kid considering there's usually about eight) before closing it and looking at her.

"You leave now," she says answering my unvoiced question. "They want him dead by the end of the month. You have three weeks to get the job done; however, since it is you I expect the job to be done in one weeks time. Now leave." I bow respectfully before leaving the room.

"Just another bothersome, boring job," I mumble to myself, fed up with these mundane jobs, as I make my way down the stairs to the front door.

If only I knew just how wrong I was.

•============•
AUTHOR NOTES:

HERE'S THE PROLOGUE! I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT I PROMISE YOU THE CHAPTERS WILL FOR SURE BE MUCH, MUCH LONGER.

HOPE YOU ENJOY AND STAY TUNED FOR CHAPTER 1!!!!

~NamidaKuro