ServiceNow Tutorial: A Complete Guide

ServiceNow is a software platform that supports IT Service Management and It helps you to automate IT Business Management. This is a cloud-based platform designed based on ITIL guidelines. ServiceNow is a ticketing tool that processes and catalogs customer service requests. It involves setting up systems to manage, automate and structure services for companies. ServiceNow users can find the software useful within security, operations, customer service, and other industries.

List of the topics you will learn in this tutorial

✔️ What is ServiceNow?
✔️ Why use of ServiceN?
✔ Key Features of ServiceNow
✔ ServiceNow Architecture
✔ Products of ServiceNow
✔ Versions of ServiceNow
✔ Best Practices of using Service Now

What is ServiceNow?

ServiceNow is a software platform and it supports IT Service Management (ITSM). It helps to automate IT Business Management (ITBM). This cloud-based software platform is designed based on ITIL guidelines.

ServiceNow focuses on service-orientation towards the activities, processes, and tasks. It uses machine learning to resist data and workflows to help modern enterprise to become more faster and scalable.

It offers the power, flexibility, and dependability to achieve the goals of the disturbances and problem management as well, users are free to select their most comfortable support interface. It provides all the information to the technician to diagnose and repair issues while removing the dependency on spreadsheets and emails.

Why use of ServiceNow

There are a lot of reasons that this technology has started winning the hearts of people around the world. Because of that there are a complete bunch of reasons stating that this technology is astounding and unparalleled. Reports say that nearly 12,615 companies are using this technology for smoothing the functions of their businesses and other departments.

Here are the prime reasons for using ServiceNow:-

All stakeholders which includes employee and customer make changes to the same platform which streamlines operations and provides a single version of the truthIt allows your employee to perform better, and the service levels will eventually improve.

ServiceNow will helps to reduce ITSM costs up to 60% and it helps you to replace unstructured work patterns/business processes with intelligent workflows.ServiceNow will help you to work very speedily which makes your work process smarter and faster.

Email actions and web services handle the events from different monitoring tools and external sources. It offers many ways to get help including forms, chat, questionnaires, email, etc.Being SaaS, you do not need to worry about configuration, arrangement, updates, and preservation.

You can offer a customer helpful self-service portal with your branding.Key Features of ServiceNow

There are lots of Features we have, let's look at some of the Features:-
Ease of customization

*Better Support to your customers with low maintenance cost

*Real time analysis and reporting

*Data confidentiality and integrityImproved operational tracking

*On-demand IT Service ManagementInstance-based implementation

*Low configuration requirement to quickly running within an enterprise

ServiceNow Architecture

Most of the cloud service offerings today, run on the ancient Multi-tenant architecture like AWS, Salesforce, Oracle, etc. The Multi-tenant architecture creates a single instance which provides multiple customers. This generally deals with complex databases which demand frequent maintenance, often leading to unavailability of resources to customers. This is why ServiceNow has taken Multi-instance architecture.

Multi-instance architecture: A unique instance is created for each employee which sustains a separate resource stack. This gives us the freedom to deal with each and every user's specific needs, enabling us to deal on a customer-customer basis. E.g. customer upgrades can be deployed with respect to compliance requirements as well as the enterprise's present needs.

In our diagram shown below, we have 3 customers with unique instances each with an isolated pool of resources. which means, while the hardware is shared, the software: Application, Middleware and Database are all separately maintained. Data Isolation is a huge advantage. This is why the performance of one customer is not get influenced by another customers instance.

Who Uses ServiceNow?Following stakeholders use service now to achieve their business goals:
Employees - Use it to request their related IT business services.

IT support Team- Use it to manage service requests or occurrences.

Administrators – ServiceNow helps administrator's user access, roles & privilege management

Implementers – Use it to deploy process applications and platform features which fulfills the needs of organization business.

Developers – Create new functionality with scripts to extend standard configurations. Products of ServiceNow

Products of ServiceNowServiceNow offers ranges of products which is designed by the need of a specific user's need.
IT Service Automation Application

This ServiceNow product provides visibility into end-to-end business services by understanding the relationship with the underlying IT resources. It also helps to upgrade the availability by knowing service health and reducing event loss time by quickly finding disruptions in the system.

Business Management Applications:

IT business management is a strategic portfolio planning and executions tool. It helps you to focus on the areas which need the highest attention and forward or speed-up time to value.

Custom Service Management:

The tool allows you to connect customer service with other departments to identify and resolve issues. It significantly reduces the cost and increases customer satisfaction. It helps you to increase customer satisfaction, boost efficiency and improve productivity.

HR management:

HR management service tools help you to improve employee satisfaction. It is a single access point for efficient, personalized HR services. It also helps you to improve HR productivity, streamline employee transactions and optimize service delivery.

Enterprise Security Response Engine:

This performance analytics tool allows you to connect with your existing security tools. It helps you to quickly respond to incidents and vulnerabilities according to the potential impact on your business. The tools help you to improve the speed and efficiency of your security response. Security response engines also help you to reduce the time spent on basic tasks.

Versions of ServiceNow

There is a huge history of the versions of the ServiceNow, which were used by the people. However, currently, there are 10 versions that are in trend and are used by the people, and Kingston is its latest version.

Here are the names of the versions which are currently used:-AspenCalgaryBerlinDublinFujiEurekaGenevaIstanbulHelsinkiJakartaBest Practices of using Service NowYou need to replace spreadsheets and email with collaborative workspaces.The goal should be to automate ALL business processes of your companyYou should develop a modern work environment using ServiceNowThe focus should be to improve, structure and automate the workflow to streamline service deliveryConclusion:

ServiceNow is a software platform which supports IT Service Management (ITSM). It helps you to automate IT Business Management (ITBM). ServiceNow helps to reduce ITSM costs up to 60%. ServiceNow enables Real time analysis and reporting, Data confidentiality & integrity; improved operational tracking it helps every scale of industry in automating their business processes.

Source: https://cloudtech.training/