The mermaid

Rome, Italy
December

The water dripped from her long hair as she walked the hallway of the expensive residence and at the same time her plump shivering lips hugged the roll of tobacco lighting it up..
As she reached her destination, which wasn't far from her flat either

Her wet foot banged on the door of her neighbor, and the drops of water dripped down her swimsuit..

After couple of minutes she finally saw his straight face after opening the door
With a smirk..

"Opa.. una Serena coreana.."

His Italian accent  makes her cringe as she blew the smoke in his face, "I feel bad for you.. you don't have clothes should I give you money.." he leaned by the door eyes studying her body so she rages growling "if you don't stop messing with my waters I'll burn down your apartment soon you pervert piece of shit"

"I didn't say I wanted to trap you in the corner of your pool yet.. " he grinned as she rolled her eyes turning away.. "listen here filthy half Italian of whatever, next week my tournament starts and if you don't stop cutting my practice I'll tell the owner to kick your ass off" she glared back at him when he shrugged
"You failed three times already " she clenched her jaw taking an angry step back before throwing her cigarette down and walk out on her annoying neighbor

"but seriously, you gotta find yourself some clothes" she heard his sarcastic comment before hearing his door slap behind her..

she cursed ruffling her hair, "I hate him " she mumbled to herself before entering her flat..
Which half of it was occupied by her pool..

She walked closer putting her toes to test the water again after her neighbor messed the settings and it ended up hotter than it should be.. "this system sucks"
She cursed at the residence system that allowed the residents in the same floor to control the water of all the flats there..
which made her often fight with the half Italian/ Korean neighbor cuz he kept messing it up.
Even tho the residence was quite rich and it their work ressembles a high class hotel.

Her hands slipped to the her shoulders removing the swimsuit from her body.. and Before she could tie the bath robe on her skin
She heard the house phone ringing..

Staring at it while it made sounds for a while, she walked sloppily to hold it against her ear while feeling her cold breath hitting back to her cheek

"Hello?"

"Mi perdoni signorina Kim Jennie, we got your call from Seoul" she sighed hearing the agent's broken English..

"Thank you.." she sighed holding her breath
As the phone made a click sound, Jennie closed her eyes listening to the silence

"It's early in Seoul jennie say what you got"
Until the other part broke it with a sloppy voice making her flatter her eyes open

"My tournament starts next week,"

"And? Good luck " Jennie sighed before cracking a low chuckle

"Are you drunk again? Where's your half Italian douchbag? He left you again"

"I'm not drunk,"
She cut her

"You know Jennie, one day someone will take off your body from some lake and it won't look nice.."

"Don't worry that's not gonna be you, mother"  she cuts off, before ending the call and throw the phone on the bed.
She let her body fall down the mattress as she held her hands to her face brushing it softly..

And she didn't realize she fell asleep until she heard the violin melody coming to her ears from her balcony..
it was definitely her stupid neighbor because who the hell would play twinkle little star at five am.
She removed the flying curtains to lean on the parapet..
She silently glared at him as she lit up another cigarette.. her hair fell off her shoulder and she couldn't scold him cuz she needed to wake up this time anyway.
His hotness was his only good deed.
She bopped her head down watching the old woman coming out of her balcony
"stai zitto stronzo.." she yelled glaring up