The Truth Potion

"Harry can you come be my test subject again? Ron's still a little scared about what happened last time" Hermione smiled at her best friend innocently.
"Well he still has grass in his ears, so I don't blame him" Harry wasn't feeling so brave himself. Hermione had taken a huge liking to potions lately, naturally this  made Ron and Harry her personal test subjects.

"Please!" She begged. Harry signed and agreed before Hermione practically pulled him to the potions room, 'which is always open for her to use because she's such a great student' according to Professor Mcgonagall. Six vials sat on the desk. One blue, one orange, one pink, and three clear. "Okay so I've mixed up three potions, and three antidotes, those are the clear ones, here have this one first it's dizziness draught" Harry took the light blue liquid and swallowed it in one go.

"I don't feel-" He started to say before his head felt as if the room was spinning around him, he had to hold onto the desk to stop himself from falling over. Hermione was overjoyed "Okay, I've had enough of this one" Harry felt as if he was about to puke. Hermione helped him take the antidote and within a few moments his head had stopped spinning and he felt much better.

"Okay we're off to a good start, you can take this one now" She handed him the pale orange liquid which he realised, tasted of pumpkins. "This one is Hair-raising potion" and surely enough within a few seconds all of Harry's hair was standing on its end, even the longer hairs on his head. Harry looked into a mirror across the room and began to laugh at his appearance.

"Are you sure you want to take the antidote, this could be a new look for you?" Hermione laughed, Harry rolled his eyes at her and took the antidote, his hair falling back down instantly.

"Last one! Veritaserum, this one as so hard to make so I'm not sure I've done it properly" Hermione used a dropper to put three drops of the liquid into a spare tube and passed it to Harry. "That's more than enough" she said as he shook the tube's contents into his mouth.

"It doesn't want to come out" He struggled shaking the tube some more before losing his balance and hearing something glass shatter on the floor behind him "Shit what did I do" he remained still, the liquid had fallen from the tube now and into his still open mouth.

"You broke the antidote Harry!" She cried out.

"You can make another one right?" He put the tube down and turned to look at the damage, the whole antidote had been shattered on the floor at his feet.

"Yes, but it'll take me at least a week" She looked at Harry with a guilty expression. "Maybe it didn't even work" she suggested, hoping she had failed, something she never thought she'd do.

"Try ask me what colour underwear I'm wearing and I'll try lie" he prompted.

"What colour underwear are you wearing?" She said in a reluctant tone.

"None" his eyes opened wide. "Fuck" he added. "I tried to say blue I was thinking blue" his cheeks flushed red. Can't we just ask Mcgonagall or even Snape for an antidote?" Harry needed this gone now, he couldn't possibly walk around school being forced to tell the truth, he was sure to get himself into a lot of trouble.

"Okay...um...go get some underwear on first of all, secondly... I wasn't exactly allowed to make the Veritaserum, I kind of just did it, so going to Mcgonagall or Snape would get me into a heap of trouble " she said turning back to clean up the mess. The antidote had evaporated soon after the glass had shattered. Harry looked at her with panic in his eyes, he definitely didn't want Hermione getting into trouble, not after all the school rules she'd broken for him over the years. She promised she'd start on the antidote right away.

"I'll just try to not speak to anyone" he gave Hermione a 'please help me' smile and made his way towards the Gryffindor common room, planning on never leaving his bedroom until Hermione had come back with the antidote. Although within minutes he was hearing the very voice he did not want to hear.