13

FOUR MONTHS EARLIER

"Brae? You okay?" Anna asked, nudging me. I was once again zoned out, staring at the wrapper. "Something's wrong," I told my friend. "What do you mean? You've been acting really weird." Anna told me. "I fell in love with this guy. He was my soulmate... I found out what happens when you fall too fast, Anna. He's gone. I don't know how to find him." I told her, beginning to cry. "Oh, come here," Anna whispered, pulling me closer.

I cried into her shoulder and showed her the wrapper. "What happened? Can you tell me?" Anna requested. "His name was Harry. I think they cut off our access to one another. I can't hear him but he's alive, I know it. I passed out and that's when I suspect I was taken away. I woke up and there was a metal table with a file on top of it so me being me...I opened it. There were horrible horrible pictures of me. I was so scared." I cried. "What happened next?"

"Men walked in and interrogated me. They suspected that I drugged Harry because he's famous and---I don't know, maybe they thought I was a crazy fan... Anna, everything was so weird. My parents don't remember being held at gunpoint either. It's like it was another lifetime." I explained. "You know what this means, right? You have to go find him, Braelynn. See if he remembers you. Show him the wrapper." Anna told me.

"Is that smart?" I questioned. "Not at all...but this is important. Go." My friend urged.

-

And so, for the past four months, I've been traveling from place to place in order to try and find him. Creepy? Yes. Determined? Yes. Everyone except for Anna thought I was insane. Who would go searching for someone they've never met? I would. I'm doing that now.

I parked my car outside of a stadium, right beside an older, yellow vehicle. If my sources are correct, this is where he's rehearsing for his next concert. But how will I sneak in? I looked around anxiously until I realized whose yellow car that was. Harry's. It was Harry's.

"Oh my god. Oh my fucking god." I whispered, pacing. "Hello?" A security guard yelled. I ducked behind Harry's car, knowing they'd investigate mine. "All's clear." The man said into the radio. I heard a door open and close and shoes begin to shuffle towards the car I was behind. "Hello?" A British man said above me. I looked up at Harry and rose to my feet carefully. My knees were wobbly and I felt as though I could collapse at any moment. His eyes softened on me. "D-do I know you?" He asked me. I handed him the wrapper.

He stared down at it for a few moments until a butterfly feeling began in my stomach. "Is it you?" I heard him think. "Hi, Harry," I replied. He looked up at me. "Braelynn."

His eyes watered and he picked me up swiftly, spinning me around. "You're okay. You're here. How---" Harry began. I pressed my lips to his. "I love you, Harry. You deserve to know that because I didn't realize how quickly I had fallen until being held captive because of it. I love you so fucking much." I told him. He kissed me and pulled me closer by my waist. "I love you."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 | 𝐡. 𝐬𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬 🎉