Beginning of the End(part 1)

Me: Hi there Beccabe333 here. This would be my second fanfic with my oc far. IN A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE. I brought some help to do the Disclamer.
Mello and Matt:  WE ARENT EVEN IN THE STORY!
Me: YES YOU ARE, but more as minor characters.
Mello:I dont think Matt can get any smaller when it comes to minor characters.
Matt: ;_;
Me:DONT BE MEAN AND SCARE OFF MY READERS. Besides, even if you arent in the story THAT much, your still doing the Disclamer.
Mello and Matt: Witch
Me:Thank you! ^^ Now do the Disclamer before I lock you two in the basement again.
Mello and Matt: Becca doesn't own Death Note nor it's characters, but she does own her Oc.
Me: Perfect! ^^ Now I wont starve you.

One:Beginning of the End

Nate Rivers stared up into the kind, wrinkly face of Quillish Wammy with large gray eyes. He sat silently on the bed of hus new room he would call home from now on.

"Near", Quillish addressed him. "That will be your new name while here in the orphanage.  Is that alright?" The old man smiled comfortingly, but Nate knew better that all that was being done  was suger-coating his situation.

"Quillish, you do not need to feel pressured to make me feel better. Im very aware of my situation", he stated blankly. Quillish stared at the young boy with concern; had he really gotten over it?

"You may call me Watari, Near. If you need anything Wammy's will provide it to you. Here, and many other children will ve groomed to one day succed to L, one of the world's greatest detective's. All I ask of you to now use your alias and to never reveal your true name".

Near brought his knee up to his chest; it had always been a position he took to comfort himself. He reached up and twisted his white locks, fitting to his pale, dull skin. "I understand Watari".

"Welcome to the Wammy's house, Near".