It Started as a Nap.

It was an irregular winter in Grand Island, Nebraska. The temperatures were reaching the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. No snow was left on the fairly flat, mildly hilly, and plowed, unvirgin farmland soils, leaving miles upon miles of baren, crunchy brown and yellow grasses.

~×~

~×~

The trees had no leaves, except for the few conifers which always managed to infect the yard with their blue and green needles, which often gave my father bundles of unneeded work. Since whatever my dog Dakota found, he ate.

~×~

~×~

Our yard also included a few large oak trees, which I could thank for a snapped wrist a few summers ago. The loud, obnoxious voice snaps me away from my computure screen.

~×~

~×~

"ALECKS!" My sister screamed.

"Clara, do you have to be so loud?" My step-mother, May, retorted

She had been obviously annoyed with the outside tone, being used inside the house.

"You know she's got those damn headphones in!" She cried

"Language, young lady!" My step-mother called.

~×~

~×~

"Get a move on! It'll get cold!" She added. I raced down the stairs, and on the right side, facing the T.V.

"Leftovers from yesterday." May said, spilling the dark red sludge into my bowl.

~×~

~×~

I sped-ate, and then ran back upstairs, shutting my door behind me. I sat at my computer. My bad would be coming home soon with my little brother and sister, so I had a bit more of my so dearly beloved peace and quiet.

~×~

~×~

I was quite tired, since I had been up most of the night reading my fanfictions, and lemons, I had only gotten around.. 4-5 hours of sleep, and had to endure a whole day of boring, almost worse than torture, classes. I yawned, and decided to lay down for a quick nap.

~×~

~×~

I had no need to change, since when I had rushed home from school, I had changed into a grey-black V-neck, a fluffy white sweater, and black "yoga shorts" Mary called them. I pulled my pillow close to me, as I laid out on the bed, the sun, drowned by clouds barely in the way of my creeping slumber.

~×~

~×~

I stretched my leg out, and admired the Homestuck posters on my wall quietly. I yawned once more, and fell asleep, in what felt like nothing short of the snap of a sassy girl's finger.

~×~

~×~

Yes, I had always been a HUGE Homestuck fanatic. I loved it. I admired everybody. I was just in love with Dave, I had such a huge crush on, my family found extremely hilarious. Like some kind of comedy gold.

~×~

~×~

But, I didn't get a wink of sleep. I jumped and was fully awake, my whole body shook up. Until, I realized I wasn't in my bed... I was sitting on a park bench. And it was hotter than hell out, and Iboughto idea where I was.

~×~

~×~

This seemed like it wouldn't be a quick nap, like I expected. It would turn into, something much less peaceful, and more exciting than what I had bargained for. Like a storage locker on T.V. I bought the trash locker, to find the treasure inside.

But, that treasure could turn out, to be just another piece of junk.

~×~

~×~