15. A bit of Xavier's Musing

"She left." Narcisse approached the Alpha King. He got a nod in response.

It was a new moon night. Darkness everywhere. Only a candle had been lit. The Seer was not able to see the King's face. But he was able to a rose in his hand.

Persephone joined as the two men stood next to each other in silence. The first thing she noticed was the rose in his hand. Her sister's favorite flower.

She looked at the man, who would never be hers completely. She then closed her eyes, picturing the man, who would have gladly been hers forever in every possible way. In the end, it didn't matter. Decisions had already been made for four people by two of them.

Aware of the tears rolling down her cheek, Persephone excused herself. Narcisse's eyes lingered at her till she reached the door then snapped back to his King. "She was crying."

"I know." The King gulped. He wasn't capable of consoling anybody else when he was in an intense agony himself.

He remembered seeing her for the first time. After spending an entire night beside his parent's grave, he hadn't expected any fortunate thing happening to him any time soon. But then, as soon as he had entered his castle, an intoxicating scent had engulfed his mind. After that, he doesn't remember much expect for his body following the trails of that addictive smell and Kon, his wolf, purring in ecstasy.

Oh the moment his wandering eyes had found her! The most beautiful creature in existence. That's what he thought. He recognized that an overwhelming love was what he felt for her. It didn't need any second thoughts for him to confirm that she was his mate. He watched her the whole time while she was mingling with the crowd.

Later in the night, he became unable to restrain himself and set out to meet her.
As if the Moon Goddess had heard his desire, his mate came out of her chamber herself. Seeing that, he instructed a guard nearby to guide her way to the garden in which no one, other than himself, was allowed to enter.

One time wasn't enough. He wanted more. So he waited every night for her in the very same place. Even those nights in which she didn't show up.

He liked conversing with her. Although they didn't talk the way two people made for each other would talk, her mere presence did wonders to his heart.

It took every ounce of his willpower to not harm that pup of Celik when he had touched his soulmate in the name of teaching archery. Receiving roses from her that day surely eased the turmoil inside him to certain extent. And of course, the news of that pup finding his own mate was of great relief.

Every moment that he had spent with her was being replayed in his mind. He snapped out of it when he heard Narcisse ask. "How are you?"

He didn't reply.

The Seer continued, "I had warned you, Your Majesty. Why did you meet her anyway? It only makes it harder."

The King sighed before answering. "I wanted to know what my mate is like."

But now, she was gone. His Ariana was gone.