Jason sneaks out to stargaze

Jason glanced at Reyna before looking down again. "Hey, uh...you- uh...you know how we're supposed to be confident and stuff?"

Reyna turned to look at Jason after a moment. "Yes?"  "Well...I just...why? I mean, like, I know why but why does it have to be us? I mean we're still kids, shouldn't we get to do normal kid stuff? I mean I have no idea what any of that is, I've been here since I was two but-" Jason let out a desperate chuckle.

"All the kids who come here, who know, I just- I want that so bad and-"

"Ugh, Reyna, who am I? Where did I live before Lupa? Did I have a family? Do I want to know? I just-"

"Jason. You had a family that left you to Lupa when you were two years old" Reyna interrupted.

"Ya but what if-"

"Jason."

"What if they didn't want to leave me? What if they had to? You said big three kids attract monsters right? What if they almost died cause of me? What if they did oh gods-"

"Jason!" Reyna broke her cool facade for a moment, a look of despair running across her face.

"You are too good of a person to have killed your family, the fates wouldn't have allowed it. Now I suggest you don't mention that idea to anyone again because we both know the implications of matricide."

Reyna seemed to want to say something else, but she refrained.

Instead she said, "I'm going back to the via praetora, goodnight, Praetor Jason Grace"

"Goodnight, Praetor Reyna Ramírez-Arellano"

And so Reyna left Jason to continue looking at the stars in the Garden of Bacchus.

She shouldn't have left him alone.

He was gone the next morning.